HELP!! eBay Lizzie

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

debbiediablo

HELP!! eBay Lizzie

Post by debbiediablo »

BOBO brought this up on Stay to Tea:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTH-1909-Post- ... TQ:US:1123

The birthday card is posted from Fall River exactly one month after Lizzie's birthday (8-19-09) to this address to

L Borden
c/o E.S. Brown Co
City
Music Dept

Did Lizzie ever have any connection with E.S. Brown which appears to have been a department-type store at 166-68 North Main. $666.99 is a lot for a postcard addresses to Lizzie, much less the wrong L Borden. $666 is an odd amount, too. Just saying.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*
Even Paranoids Have Enemies

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
Curryong

Re: HELP!! eBay Lizzie

Post by Curryong »

Where is North Main? If Browns was a department store maybe this person sent it on to catch Lizzie when she popped into the music department of the store. Perhaps she went to Brown's quite regularly and people who had a bit of an acquaintance with her treated Browns as a sort of Post Office while she was on her travels. The wrong birthday is a bit of a boo-boo.

On the other hand it could be nothing to do with our Lizzie at all!
John Watson

Post by John Watson »

Alas ladies, the postcard wasn't sent to Lizzie Borden. It was sent to Miss Louise Minerva Borden, b. August, 1868, in Massachusetts, daughter of Jirea and Sarah Borden. Birthdate was confirmed by the 1900 census, and the 1909 Fall River Directory shows Louise M. Borden employed as a clerk at E. S. Brown Brothers department store, 168-188 N. Main St., and residing with her widowed mother at 448 Pine St. where she gave private vocal lessons. She never married, often sang at local musical events and died at Fall River 22 January, 1952, at age 84. Hopefully, potential Ebay buyers will perform a little due diligence before bidding on this postcard!

John
Last edited by John Watson on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

John Watson wrote:Alas ladies, the card wasn't addressed to Lizzie. I've found two possibilities. More later.

John
I don't think it's really our Lizzie, either, but I can't prove it. I've spent so long digging through ancestry.com that my eyes are crossed. :silly:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Poor debbie! Well, now the mystery is solved and I hope any potential buyers of this card will be wary. (If there is anyone prepared to spend over $600 on this then they've got more money than sense, anyway!)
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

debbiediablo wrote:BOBO brought this up on Stay to Tea:

The birthday card is posted from Fall River exactly one month after Lizzie's birthday (8-19-09) to this address to

L Borden
c/o E.S. Brown Co
City
Music Dept

Did Lizzie ever have any connection with E.S. Brown which appears to have been a department-type store at 166-68 North Main. $666.99 is a lot for a postcard addresses to Lizzie, much less the wrong L Borden. $666 is an odd amount, too. Just saying.
This has NOTHING to do with the Borden murders!! That is why I posted in another forum!! If you want to quote me , do so in THAT forum.
Tell the truth, then you don't have to remember anything.... Mark Twain
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

John Watson wrote:Alas ladies, the postcard wasn't sent to Lizzie Borden. It was sent to Miss Louise Minerva Borden, b. August, 1868, in Massachusetts, daughter of Jirea and Sarah Borden. Birthdate was confirmed by the 1900 census, and the 1909 Fall River Directory shows Louise M. Borden employed as a clerk at E. S. Brown Brothers department store, 168-188 N. Main St., and residing with her widowed mother at 448 Pine St. where she gave private vocal lessons. She never married, often sang at local musical events and died at Fall River 22 January, 1952, at age 84. Hopefully, potential Ebay buyers will perform a little due diligence before bidding on this postcard!

John
Thank you! My eyes will uncross in a few days. :smiliecolors:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

BOBO wrote:
debbiediablo wrote:BOBO brought this up on Stay to Tea:

L Borden
c/o E.S. Brown Co
City
Music Dept

This has NOTHING to do with the Borden murders!! That is why I posted in another forum!! If you want to quote me , do so in THAT forum.
Sorry about that, BOBO. Certainly no offense was meant. I shall don my hairshirt and perform my penance.
Hairshirt1.jpg
flogger09.jpg
ballchain.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

BOBO

Post by BOBO »

OFF TOPIC...... LMBO
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

BOBO wrote:OFF TOPIC...... LMBO
What does this mean, BOBO? :scratch:
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

:oops:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

BOBO

Post by BOBO »

twinsrwe wrote:
OFF TOPIC..... Sometimes Deb cracks me up. She has a GREAT sense of humor. I LOVE IT!! Twin, check PM.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

BOBO wrote:
twinsrwe wrote:
OFF TOPIC..... Sometimes Deb cracks me up. She has a GREAT sense of humor. I LOVE IT!! Twin, check PM.
OK. I agree, Debbie does have a great sense of humor!

(Just sent a reply to your PM).
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

I especially like the flogger or 'cat o' nine tails' and the ball and chain. You'd have to drive across country though BOBO, to administer it!