Have been doing a lot of reading

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

snokkums

Have been doing a lot of reading

Post by snokkums »

:shock:
I have been reading the book "Lizzie didn't do it", and it is very interesting. I am learning alot. Also going through the archives. Also very interesting.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
DWilly

Post by DWilly »

I've been doing a lot of reading too. It's clear I'm not up to snuff on the Lizzie Borden case so, I have a lot of homework to do. Right now I'm reading Lizzie by Spiering and it's ok but, it's clear he went for the Truman Capote way of doing a crime book. In other words fact mixed with dramatic fiction. There's scenes and dialog that he just makes up. Which is what Capote did (although much better) in his book In Cold Blood

The only complaint I have is the more I read the more confused I get about what actually happened. Case in point, I finally got into the Privy to read some posts in there and came across a post with a more complete telling of the McHenry/Trickey story. Now I don't know if the poster was just kidding around and made a more dramatic account of what happened. Because it sort of had shades of that girl fight in the tv show Dallas so, I don't know. Anyway, there was a bit more information on what may or may not have been heard by Mrs. Reagan. Now, I hope I got this straight because I'm going by my faulty memory now. In this more detailed account Lizzie not only said, " Emma, you have given me away, haven't you." In addition to that she kicked Emma several times, threw a biscuit at her AND called her a d_b_. I hadn't heard all those details. Is that true? Or do we just have posters with a great sense of humor? Because I was laughing reading that post and picturing poor Emma having a biscuit thrown at her. Anyway, I'm still unclear as to whether Mrs. Reagan actually heard all of that or whether McHenry just said that's what she said.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Could you give a link for that post...please ? I will try doing a search for it, but your link may be faster. A posting date may be helpful too.

Thanks.

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
DWilly

Post by DWilly »

theebmonique @ Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:53 pm wrote:Could you give a link for that post...please ? I will try doing a search for it, but your link may be faster. A posting date may be helpful too.

Thanks.

Tracy...

It's in Lizzie's Privy and it's under: The Globe Newspaper Hoax/Trickey/McHenry Article Reprint. Apr. 21, 2004

It was started by Adminlizzieborden. There's a lot to read. Like I said it could be a joke. Although a bit late for April Fools. It was pretty funny. Lizzie calling Emma a d_b_ :lol: Zing the biscuit goes flying through the air. Maybe posters are creating their own Lizzie scenes. Ala Joan Crawford and Betty Davis.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

OK...I will try wading through. Like you say, there is a lot to read. If you happen to run across it again yourself and could put the link in a post...my tired eyes and I would VERY much appreciate it. Thanks !!

Tracy...
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Wait...don't put a Privy link here. I wasn't thinking. I have looked through the Privy, but can't find the article you mention. If you find the link..just PM it to me. I will keep looking. I think I remember reading it before...want to reread it though.

Tracy...
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Nevermind...found it. If you want to start a post about it in the Privy, since the info comes from the Privy, that would be great !

Tracy...
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

I got my copy of Dave Rehak's Did Lizzie Borden Axe For It? and was surprised and touched to find myself in the acknowledgements (and later on, in the recounting of the petition sent concerning the release of the Robinson Papers). My new book review went up on Talkin' Broadway's All That Chat Board yesterday, and I had my first BMI Musical Theater Workshop session last night. What a terrific day!
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

I think that there is so much information out there, and opinons, that anyone can get confused.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I read your new review last night Bob and you certainly have a personal style! I do like the way you write!
:smile:
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

there is so much out there, that the more I read the more questions I have and the more confused I get. Guess I will do more and more reading.