Hell or Purgatory?

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

DWilly

Hell or Purgatory?

Post by DWilly »

I'm one of those who believes Lizzie did murder her father and her stepmother. However, I'm also Catholic so I believe in forgiveness too. So, what do you think: Did Lizzie end up in hell or did she make it to purgatory then heaven?
adam

Post by adam »

It would appear Lizzie herself believed she would end up on Heaven.

Read the 1st and 4th verses to My Aine Countre (Mary DeMarest - sp?) which Lizzie wanted read at her funeral. It think it's very telling about the woman.
Especially that line about "...my sins have been many..."
stuartwsa

Post by stuartwsa »

I think that Lizzie served her time in hell, at Maplecroft.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Perhaps her hell is the fact that over 100 years later people are passing her photo(s) about, discussing her and speculating about her innocent or guilt... Her very personality and morals.. For a pvt person that might be considered hell...

For me.. It would be having to get jiggy with it to that dreadful "Swingin'" song (John Anderson) with any of the participants of that "blue collar comedy show" while Penny Marshall sat on the sidelines criticizing my dance moves via a megaphone (which she wouldn't need)....

"Git-r-done" indeed.... Every time I hear that I just want to SCREAM!
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

I think she did her time in puragtory and probably asked for forgiveness, that is, if she actually did it.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.