What lizzie really thought of her lawyers, and vice versa.

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

snokkums

What lizzie really thought of her lawyers, and vice versa.

Post by snokkums »

I have always wandered what Lizzie really thought of her lawyers. And what they really thought of her. Did they think she did it, that would be interesting to find out, if they thought she did it. Wander if the lawyers thought about that.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I personally think Jennings believed in her- he had known the family since Emma was little. I think Robinson didn't really ask himself that question and I think Phillips was probably on the fence as well. I'd think Phillips probably thought she was somewhat guilty- being young and a freshly minted lawyer. As for Adams, I have no idea what he would have thought of Lizzie.
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

I also wander if they liked her and she liked them . Or if it was she just got the best lawyers money could buy.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I think there is some follow-up information that Lizzie and Robinson had a sort of father-daughter aspect to their relationship during and right after the trial.
I think if any man could have told Lizzie what to do and how to do it, as an authority figure, it would be Robinson.
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

Still makes you wander if they thought she did it or not.