A question about timing

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

snokkums

A question about timing

Post by snokkums »

I was reading a post posted by Kat which she posted an article from the Boston Globe and transcribed by Harry. And I had a question.
In the article it says:
At 11:15 Miss Borden awoke and descended the stairs. She passed into the front sitting room on the first floor, and there the sight met her eyes which caused her to cry out in horror
My question is if abby borden was killed about 9:30 a.m., and Lizzie was up there sleeping until 11:15 a.m., why didn't she hear something, or wake up? Somebody getting axed to death would definately wake me up. Just curious. I mean am I getting told she sleep through the whole thing? Or am I wrong with the facts.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
Haulover

Post by Haulover »

the statement is altogether wrong. that's a reporter. use case documents for fact-seeking.
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Lizzie was 'up and at em' much earlier than 11:15AM, Snokkums. She and Abby spoke to each other. I'm not sure where Lizzie was at the moment of the killing (I wish we did) but she was up and around.

I wouldn't put much faith in what the news media say's, then or now. The media has a tendency to repeat myths and baseless 'facts' long after those myths and facts have been discredited, like the '40 whacks' crap. Personally I wouldn't believe the media if they told me that water is wet.

-1bigsteve (o:
Kat

Re: A question about timing

Post by Kat »

snokkums @ Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:16 am wrote:I was reading a post posted by Kat which she posted an article from the Boston Globe and transcribed by Harry. And I had a question.
In the article it says:
At 11:15 Miss Borden awoke and descended the stairs. She passed into the front sitting room on the first floor, and there the sight met her eyes which caused her to cry out in horror
My question is if abby borden was killed about 9:30 a.m., and Lizzie was up there sleeping until 11:15 a.m., why didn't she hear something, or wake up? Somebody getting axed to death would definately wake me up. Just curious. I mean am I getting told she sleep through the whole thing? Or am I wrong with the facts.
Something's gone a bit wrong here and this is not tidy.
Can you please use the link to the original post, and give the full quote, since there's been problems with that for some members here?
Otherwise, totally wrong info goes out under my name, when I actually showed, and commented on, a news item from the first day's coverage of The Boston Globe, which this is a piece of, and which we discussed at the topic site as being outlandish.

Do you know how to give a link, snokkums?
If you do, please do it ?
Thanks!
Haulover

Post by Haulover »

the article is not kat's or harry's opinion -- obvious to me and i trust obvious to most of us -- but not necessarily to everyone who might read this.

that's why i said read the case documents for facts -- if the underlying issue is knowledge. read lizzie's inquest, bridget in trial, and morse in inquest and trial. i'm answering your question. giving you the benefit of the doubt, i don't want to say anything rude or inappropriate.

when quoting an article, it is not to be assumed that the poster is advancing the opinion in the article unless explicitly stated.

the reporter in the case of your quote makes an uninformed statement -- and your question to the board is, "how can this be?" --- well, it can't be. your answer is in the case documents--not in media spin.

the article was not quoted for its veracity.
Kat

Re: A question about timing

Post by Kat »

Kat @ Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:19 pm wrote:
snokkums @ Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:16 am wrote:I was reading a post posted by Kat which she posted an article from the Boston Globe and transcribed by Harry. And I had a question.
In the article it says:
Something's gone a bit wrong here and this is not tidy.
Can you please use the link to the original post, and give the full quote, since there's been problems with that for some members here?
Otherwise, totally wrong info goes out under my name, when I actually showed, and commented on, a news item from the first day's coverage of The Boston Globe, which this is a piece of, and which we discussed at the topic site as being outlandish.

Do you know how to give a link, snokkums?
If you do, please do it ?
Thanks!

Here is the link to the whole news item.
I knew I posted it and so I clicked on my name on the Forum and went to my profile page.
At the upper right, in little tiny blue lettering it says:
"Find all posts by Kat."
I clicked there and followed my posts backward in time to find this post, clicked on the link, went to the discussion, and copied the URL and pasted it here.

viewtopic.php?p=20527&highlight=#20527
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

that was the link. And the articles was under the heading murders that baffled the experts.The article Lizzie Borden's legal papers are found. But , anyway, thanks for the clarification. I was confused. I thought lizzie was up and about, so thats why the statement in the article confused me. thanks everyonethe link was http://.lizzieandrewborden.com/lbforum/viewpont.php?
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I'm sorry to say I don't understand your post and the link you gives says it's an "error."

I had posted an excerpt from Pearson's Murders That Baffled The Experts, on Constance Kent, but I'm not sure how that and your other reference refer back to your question, and this topic?