lizzie's personality? what was she like?

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

snokkums

lizzie's personality? what was she like?

Post by snokkums »

:?: I have always wondered what type of personality was Lizzie-- type A or B? One of those people that was aggersive and got what she wanted, or was she timid and shy. We know she loved animals and was active in church, but was she outgoing and bubble, or demure.Was she active in social events outside of the church? Did she go to concerts and the like. I know after she was aquitted she stepped out, but what about before then?
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
Kashesan

Post by Kashesan »

Born under the sign of Cancer-thats a hint to all of you astrology followers. I suspect she had an infectious laugh, and as a child, probably talked to her dolls a lot.

:smiliecolors: kash
"It seemed friendly enough, but it had sharp claws and a great many teeth. Alice thought it best to treat it with respect"
Lewis Carroll
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

Not much of astrology buff but I maybe should check in on it!
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
Kat

Post by Kat »

This is a link to a July 19th "Personology Profile" if anyone is interested.
http://lizzieandrewborden.com/Diversion ... ordens.htm
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

Thanks went to that website. I think I got an insite on her, why she was so distant when police asked her qustions, and even in the trial. Born under the sign of cancer, she was used to keeping everything in tact, emotions and all. She was very aware of movement and grace, but also tempermental Kinda explains her personality.
Elizabelle

Post by Elizabelle »

This is going to sound very strange, but I just met a woman at the grocery store in my town. She just moved to our community. If she isn't the spititng image of Lizzie Borden, then I don't know who is! I felt like she could almost be Lizzie re-incarnated.

We talked for awhile. And the whole time I was talking to her, I kept thinking to myself "This woman is Lizzie Borden through and through. My God, I'm talking to LIZZIE." I know, I know, call me crazy if you want! :-?

Don't ask me how I know, it was just an intense feeling that I got, and my perception of this woman was that she very well could have been our intriguing Lizzie in another life...

It just seemed to me that her mannerisms and the way she carried herself would have been exactly how Lizzie carried herself.

She seemed a little giddy; nervous laugher in the silent lags of the conversation. A little uncomfortable in her own skin. Almost like SHE didn't know who she was. Like she could be a great many of things...a sweet person, a frightening person, timid & shy, jubilant & exhausting, a murderer, a care-taker, someone who loves animals, someone who hates people, someone who could never swat a fly, but someone who could bash a person's skull in with a hatchet...someone who will never really be known by anyone, but a person who others think they have all figured out...all rolled into one.

I guess you'll never know what you can run into at your local grocery store. Maybe next time I'll come across Cleopatra... :wink:
LIZZIE BORDEN'S THEME SONG
(to the tune of Green Acres)

Fall River is the place to be,
city living is the life for me.
Bought a nicer house,
so big and wide!
Forget 92 Second Street,
that's where I was charged with homicide!