Lizzie and Nance read the cards

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kashesan

Lizzie and Nance read the cards

Post by Kashesan »

I though this was a hoot-it tells your personality through playing cards associated with your birthday-here's both Lizzie's and Nance's

Lizzie July 19
Clubs - Knowledge
9 of Clubs - Obstacles to Mental Control
Challenge for the 9 of Clubs - MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL WEAKNESS
As a rule, these people have warm and friendly personalities and a keen sense of obligation. They keep promises and pay debts.

Without getting too far out of line as far as duty is concerned, the 9 of Clubs is an adventurer's card. They like to gamble and are always willing to take a chance for the satisfaction of curiosity or interest. Then the adventurous spirit extends to the field of knowledge, they often become extremists - but at least they are seeking and they are capable of making some discovery that is of wide benefit.

Unfortunately, this card worries too much and they are too dependent upon approval and sympathy. Many of the early difficulties disappear in middle life - or as soon as they are ready to settle down and lay aside the objectives that are strictly personal and emotional.

It is interesting to note that any close association that they have with a 6 of Diamonds or a Queen of Hearts is an indication that there is a karmic element in the experience gained. All 9's have come to pay off old obligations NOW and in the case of the 9 of Clubs, these people (the 6 of Diamonds and the Queen of Hearts) constitute some of the agents, or "collectors" of the debt.

Birth dates ruled by this Card are:

January 31(Aquarius), February 29(Pisces), March 27(Aries), April 25(Taurus), May 23(Gemini), June 21(Gemini), July 19(Cancer), August 17(Leo), September 15(Virgo), October 13(Libra), November 11(Scorpio), December 9(Sagittarius)

and Nance Oct 8 (I think):

Diamonds - Values
Ace of Diamonds - Overbearing desire for Money
I AM Worth.
Challenge for the Ace of Diamonds - Acquisitions
Ambition is the key word for this card. Ambition for both love and money. Unfortunately it becomes a race, and one - not both - must win first place. If love becomes absorbing, money flies out the window and vice versa.

Contacts are important to this card and they like secrecy in connection with their associations, either business or personal.

This is a much safer and easier card for a man than for a women. For a woman, her mental reactions are too quick and often times ill-considered; her natural ambitions are too easily thwarted and her eagerness to project herself (from ulterior motives) are too likely to be met with insurmountable obstacles.

In general, this is a card of sorrow, usually hidden. It bespeaks a life of obstacles and difficulties. The positive learn to redirect their ambitions toward healthy values in life. The negative live a life of greed for money.

Birth dates ruled by this Card are:

January 26(Aquarius) February 24(Pisces) March 22(Aries) April 20(Aries - Taurus) May 18(Taurus) June 16(Gemini) July 14(Cancer) August 12(Leo) September 10(Virgo) October 8(Libra) November 6(Scorpio) December 4(Sagittarius)

what a pair!

email me!
"It seemed friendly enough, but it had sharp claws and a great many teeth. Alice thought it best to treat it with respect"
Lewis Carroll
Kat

Post by Kat »

Wow! That's pretty cool!
Thanks for typing all that.

As I was reading I was wondering what this is based upon- I mean like where they got the exact dates to fit each card? Something in common?
It's surprisingly accurate-sounding.
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Very cool. I esp liked the part in Nance's re "they like secrecy in connection with their associations, either business or personal". That rings true. She never did reveal much about her association with Lizzie in that Littman interview. I also recall reading somewhere Nance's marriage to Alfred Hickman was rumored to be one of convenience. (Wish I could remember WHERE I read that!)
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
Susan

Post by Susan »

Wow! Thanks, Kash, cool stuff! Did you find this on a web site or in a book? Sounds like its pretty close to the truth, would like to find out more about others involved in the case! :grin:
Kashesan

Post by Kashesan »

I am searching for the link and will post it as soon as I can remember where I found it. (old age a-creepin' up on me)
Kath
"It seemed friendly enough, but it had sharp claws and a great many teeth. Alice thought it best to treat it with respect"
Lewis Carroll
Susan

Post by Susan »

Thanks, Kash, that would be great. :grin: