Deadly Women program on Investigation Discovery

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Aamartin

Deadly Women program on Investigation Discovery

Post by Aamartin »

I was VERY impressed with how they humanized Abby and Andrew! Showed them kissing goodbye-- showed Abby showing kindness to Bridget when she was ill. I thought the actors who played Lizzie and Emma probably looked more like the real thing than any other actors I have ever seen in those roles-- and the same with Abby and Andrew.

Didn't like the fake death scene photos, or the 'experts' who seemed entirely convinced of her guilt. Experts I have never seen on any other show or article pertaining to Lizzie.

All in all, well worth the watch and I will watch it again. It REALLY helped me see A&A as more 'real people'
debbiediablo

Re: Deadly Women program on Investigation Discovery

Post by debbiediablo »

Wish I'd known about it...missed Lizzie AND Sharknado2!!
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*
Even Paranoids Have Enemies

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

I didn't know about it either, though it might not have been on here anyway. I will look out for it.
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Debbie and Curryong: I’m sorry you missed seeing this show. :sad:

Franz announced the air-times of this documentary in the topic thread, titled, ‘Lady of Blood’. Here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5436&p=88285#p88285
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

Thanks to both of you!
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Stefani

Post by Stefani »

I expected much more than what I saw.

http://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizz ... dly-women/

Stefani
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

debbiediablo wrote:Thanks to both of you!
You're welcome, Debbie.
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Stefani, thanks for posting the link to your write-up on this documentary. I think it was one of the best documentaries on the Borden case, but, like you, I was disappointed that the show leaned so heavily toward Lizzie being ‘guilty’.

I really enjoyed the segments of the show where you, Michael and Dennis, spoke about the case. Kudos to all of you! It’s unfortunate that they had three Lizzie experts right at their finger-tips and didn’t utilize the opportunity to present the Borden case with just the facts. The show could have been a dynamite documentary, if it had not been so adamant that there wasn’t anyone else who had the motive, means, and opportunity to commit those murders, but Lizzie.

My first impression of the show was that it was excellent, and I gave it a 5 star rating. I had the opportunity to see the show again, and I have to change my rating of a 5 star show, to a 4 star show. However, overall, I think the show was worth watching.
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

This is what I so greatly appreciated about Villisca: Living With a Mystery: they didn't try to solve the crime. It was, "Just the facts, ma'am," to misquote Joe Friday. I'd love to see filmmakers Kelly and Tammy Rundle do a Lizzie documentary with the same attention to fact and not factoid.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Stefani

Post by Stefani »

I think the perfect documentary has not been made yet. I have had offers to do one with a few folks in town. Maybe it will happen. Perhaps.

I did an interview once for a student filmmaker that I thought was quite good. Here is the link. (not good because I was in it, just good because the assignment was for him to tell a story without his voice in the movie). Journalism student actually.

What do you think?

https://vimeo.com/2487880
Read Mondo Lizzie!

debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

Wish I could watch but Maverick OS seems to have a hissy fit about shaking hands with some video. It's improving as time passes, but this time Apple got too far ahead of the curve.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

Stefani wrote:I think the perfect documentary has not been made yet. I have had offers to do one with a few folks in town. Maybe it will happen. Perhaps.

I did an interview once for a student filmmaker that I thought was quite good. Here is the link. (not good because I was in it, just good because the assignment was for him to tell a story without his voice in the movie). Journalism student actually.

What do you think?

Stefani, you know more about Lizzie than most of the rest of us put together. Putting aside the murders, would you have liked Lizzie or was she an enigma to those who knew her well...if anyone knew her well. How about Emma? Abby and Andrew? I enjoy when you comment in the forums... :grin:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I am not able to watch the video, either!!! I get a message stating: This video can’t be played with your current setup. :sad:
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

let me try to download the documentary and put it in my drop box. then I can provide a link. I will try with both the documentary and the video Stef posted. It's very good and well worth a watch

This link is to the video Stefani posted. I love her in it. She says 'bodacious' and one of my favorite expressions ever 'poo-poohing'

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hawf35hsjhp6b ... 0Vimeo.flv

Here is the ID documentary

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fuqfs8f2dezg ... kshare.flv
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

Wonderful...I need a tutorial on how to do the initial download to the dropbox! 'Gottem' both and thank you very much!!
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Yes, thank you Anthony, great documentary, and Stefani plays a large part in it! Hooray! One day I will visit Fall River and possibly Salem!
Franz

Post by Franz »

debbiediablo wrote:
Stefani wrote:I think the perfect documentary has not been made yet. I have had offers to do one with a few folks in town. Maybe it will happen. Perhaps.

What do you think?

Stefani, you know more about Lizzie than most of the rest of us put together. Putting aside the murders, would you have liked Lizzie or was she an enigma to those who knew her well...if anyone knew her well. How about Emma? Abby and Andrew? I enjoy when you comment in the forums... :grin:
Why "putting aside the murders"? :smile:

I know Stefani believes in Lizzie's innocence. I would like to know who is Stefani's candidate n° 1 for the double murder. And why. I would be very glad to read her more comments.
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

Okay. Let's not put them aside! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Franz

Post by Franz »

debbiediablo wrote:Okay. Let's not put them aside! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Right. :smile:
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Is this programme on the Internet yet, does anyone know?
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

I downloaded it from Anthony's dropbox link which he downloaded from the internet into his dropbox so it must be.If you mean Lady of Blood. Now I'm trying to figure out how to download Villisca Living With a Mystery which is pay per view but not having so much luck. The one with Stefani is also downloadable from the dropbox link.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Thanks debbie, and Anthony.
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

debbiediablo wrote:Stefani, you know more about Lizzie than most of the rest of us put together. Putting aside the murders, would you have liked Lizzie or was she an enigma to those who knew her well...if anyone knew her well. How about Emma? Abby and Andrew? I enjoy when you comment in the forums... :grin:
Have you read Parallel Lives by the Fall River Historical Society? After reading that book, I think Lizzie was a regular person caught up in a horrendous event---but there are signs that she was somewhat of a depressed individual and her frequent visits to the graves of her father and stepmother lead me to "feel" that she is innocent. Those who knew Lizzie loved her dearly. Those that didn't gossiped about her and made up stories.

Funny, Fall River is still that way! :grin:
Read Mondo Lizzie!

Stefani

Post by Stefani »

Franz wrote:
I know Stefani believes in Lizzie's innocence. I would like to know who is Stefani's candidate n° 1 for the double murder. And why. I would be very glad to read her more comments.
I am inclined to believe in her innocence, but I don't know for sure. I have no real suspects, after studying the case for what seems like forever. I do think, however, that Morse had a whole lot of contradictory testimony that I can't let go of. His testimony of where he was and when he returned just bothers me when you compare it to painter Charles Sawyer's who was stationed at the door that morning by the police.

But I don't know who did it or pretend to know..... :shock:

The more I study the case the less sure I am as to anyone's guilt!

Maybe Lunday was right and no one did it.....
Read Mondo Lizzie!

debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

Thank you!
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

:smiliecolors: Franz is so gonna luv this!!!! :smiliecolors:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Franz

Post by Franz »

Stefani wrote:
Franz wrote:
I am inclined to believe in her innocence, but I don't know for sure. I have no real suspects, after studying the case for what seems like forever. I do think, however, that Morse had a whole lot of contradictory testimony that I can't let go of. His testimony of where he was and when he returned just bothers me when you compare it to painter Charles Sawyer's who was stationed at the door that morning by the police.

But I don't know who did it or pretend to know..... :shock:

The more I study the case the less sure I am as to anyone's guilt!

Maybe Lunday was right and no one did it.....
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Stefani.

Someone...but who?
Franz

Post by Franz »

debbiediablo wrote::smiliecolors: Franz is so gonna luv this!!!! :smiliecolors:
Oh, surely! :smiliecolors: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
augusta

Post by augusta »

Yes, I thought that the Lizzie show on the ID channel recently was great how they got actors who really looked like the actual people! At last! But why do shows keep leaving out John Morse? I think he was pretty fishy. The list of suspicious stuff he did is long: appearing at the Bordens' house the day before, unannounced; going out to the farm in Swansea to pick up Andrew's eggs that Wednesday afternoon, when had he not a guy from the farm would have delivered them to the Borden house the next day; his telling Emma some stuff Andrew told him about his will; trying to say the cellar door was open when he came back Thursday for the noon meal; being able to sleep in the guest room on the night of the murder; his downright weird alibi (when it gets to the point where a suspect just happens to remember the number on the cap of the guy who ran the horse car, I do begin to wonder ...); his being a butcher for a time in Massachusetts - he probably had butcher friends. Maybe movie makers are afraid including him would make the film run too long. Maybe movie makers don't even know about John Morse.

Hey, I wonder if Morse used one of the horse car tickets Lizzie probably took from Abby. They were good for free rides, and he'd be cheap enough to. :grin:

To tell the Borden story would probably take a mini-series.

The story of Custer & the Little BigHorn was finally done in the two-part "Son of the Morning Star". To me, historically accurate stuff usually ends up a lot more interesting than anything someone could make up.

I wish a group of Lizzie experts in Fall River would get together and do it right. :detective:

I watched the short video starring Stef and LeeAnn and Mr. Pickle. I thought it was excellent. I wish Mr. Pickle would have continued on with his Lizzie site in Salem. It looked like a LOT of reading, tho. It can be tiring - and frustrating to read too much stuff in a museum due to too much noise from others. I think I would have used a different approach to tell the story. There is a well-known museum in Salem that tells the story of the witch hunts, and a group at a time goes in and stands in the middle of the room, and up above along the walls are really nice scenes with mannequins, and they light up one at a time while a pre-recorded part of the story is played.
Franz

Post by Franz »

Uncle John's being cut off in these two films might reflect the consciousness --- a dilemma --- of the producers that his presence in the film would be a great problem for Lizzie's guilt, would "damage" Lizzie's guilty theory --- in which they --- in my opinion wrongly --- believed. In anyway I can't imagine that they didn't know the existence of this key figure (Morse) in the Borden case. Reguardless Morse's guilt or innocence --- both hypothetical ---, something about Borden case without Morse is not about Borden case.