Is it to much to ask????

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

BOBO

Is it to much to ask????

Post by BOBO »

Could we PLEASE keep the forum to discussing the case?? We get so off track that folks lose interest. May I suggest that if we have a different reply to the subject posted that we reply with a PM or a EMAIL?? I mean no harm, but this has long since gotten out of hand. New forum members really doesn't care what your pet eats. JUST SAYING.
Tell the truth, then you don't have to remember anything.... Mark Twain
BOBO

Re: Is it to much to ask????

Post by BOBO »

I know I'll catch hell for this.
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

you are quite correct, BOBO! My only excuse when I go off the rails is that we are all so friendly here that sharing details of our lives seems natural. We must remember in future to keep to the point of the forum.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

BOBO, my first thought after reading your post was: Well, who made YOU the forum moderator!!! We all have a right to post whatever we wish as long as the contents of our posts are within the forum rules.

In the topic titled, ‘Where is the bathtub?’, I submitted the following post: Most likely, Alice took a spit-bath. Please don’t be deceived by the name, it’s not as gross as it sounds. I grew up on a dairy farm and we did not have indoor plumbing until I was in high school. So, we took what my family referred to as a spit-bath, which is simply washing up using a washcloth, soap and a basin of warm water, then towel dry. So, what you’re saying is I can’t post any personal information to explain my understanding of how Alice took a bath? I should have just posted the non-personal information? Something like: Alice probably took a spit-bath, which is simply washing up using a washcloth, soap and a basin of warm water, then towel dry. Is this what you are talking about? Along with that if I want to explain anything personal I should send PMs or e-mails to the number of people who are actively submitting posts to any particular topic? I personally feel we should not need to go to such lengths. It is very easy to get members back on topic, simply by submitting a post which begins with the words: Back to the topic...

Personally, I find some of the personal things members post very interesting. I love reading and learning about the different things that Curryong has posted regarding how things are done in Australia or what her country is like; the same goes for Franz. I love learning about the different countries, as well as the different states within the USA. No one forces me to read off topic posts, it is my choice whether I read them or not. I don’t see anything wrong with putting a personal touch in our posts, because we are all ‘forum friends’, or at least I thought we were. Curryong is right, we are all so friendly here that sharing details of our lives seems natural.

So, in the future, I will attempt to keep personal information out of my posts, but I cannot guarantee it. I do have a right to freedom of speech.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

twinsrwe wrote:BOBO, my first thought after reading your post was: Well, who made YOU the forum moderator!!! We all have a right to post whatever we wish as long as the contents of our posts are within the forum rules.

In the topic titled, ‘Where is the bathtub?’, I submitted the following post: Most likely, Alice took a spit-bath. Please don’t be deceived by the name, it’s not as gross as it sounds. I grew up on a dairy farm and we did not have indoor plumbing until I was in high school. So, we took what my family referred to as a spit-bath, which is simply washing up using a washcloth, soap and a basin of warm water, then towel dry. So, what you’re saying is I can’t post any personal information to explain my understanding of how Alice took a bath? I should have just posted the non-personal information? Something like: Alice probably took a spit-bath, which is simply washing up using a washcloth, soap and a basin of warm water, then towel dry. Is this what you are talking about? Along with that if I want to explain anything personal I should send PMs or e-mails to the number of people who are actively submitting posts to any particular topic? I personally feel we should not need to go to such lengths. It is very easy to get members back on topic, simply by submitting a post which begins with the words: Back to the topic...

Personally, I find some of the personal things members post very interesting. I love reading and learning about the different things that Curryong has posted regarding how things are done in Australia or what her country is like; the same goes for Franz. I love learning about the different countries, as well as the different states within the USA. No one forces me to read off topic posts, it is my choice whether I read them or not. I don’t see anything wrong with putting a personal touch in our posts, because we are all ‘forum friends’, or at least I thought we were. Curryong is right, we are all so friendly here that sharing details of our lives seems natural.

So, in the future, I will attempt to keep personal information out of my posts, but I cannot guarantee it. I do have a right to freedom of speech.
That is correct... NEVER said that I was "the forum moderator" ... and yes any member can post as they please. Fell free to exercise your " freedom of speech" and I will exercise my right to not give a flip about what forum members feed their pets.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

BOBO, I know you never said that you were 'the forum moderator'; I said that was my first thought. I understand your dislike of members going off topic, but as I stated in my previous post, it is very easy to get members back on topic, by simply submitting a post such as: Back on topic...

I can tell you are upset with me, and I feel bad about that. I hope you know that I only posted my opinion, in the kindest way possible. Please realize, I also consider you to be one of my 'forum friends'.
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

BOBO wrote:I know I'll catch hell for this.
Told ya... THX Judy. (Maybe I should have sent this PM.) LOL
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

twinsrwe wrote:BOBO, I know you never said that you were 'the forum moderator'; I said that was my first thought. I understand your dislike of members going off topic, but as I stated in my previous post, it is very easy to get members back on topic, by simply submitting a post such as: Back on topic...

I can tell you are upset with me, and I feel bad about that. I hope you know that I only posted my opinion, in the kindest way possible. Please realize, I also consider you to be one of my 'forum friends'.
NO WAY I'm upset with you!! Been friends for awhile, but if this keeps up, we gonna call the preacher... J/K... LOL TC.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

BOBO wrote:
BOBO wrote:I know I'll catch hell for this.
Told ya... THX Judy. (Maybe I should have sent this PM.) LOL
Good one, Tim. :grin:

I wasn't trying to give you h___; I just wanted to be honest and give you my opinion, in the kindest way I knew how. I don't know as though you should have sent your post via PM, because you have just as much of a right to express your frustrations on this forum as anyone else does.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

BOBO wrote:
twinsrwe wrote:BOBO, I know you never said that you were 'the forum moderator'; I said that was my first thought. I understand your dislike of members going off topic, but as I stated in my previous post, it is very easy to get members back on topic, by simply submitting a post such as: Back on topic...

NO WAY I'm upset with you!! Been friends for awhile, but if this keeps up, we gonna call the preacher... J/K... LOL TC.
Thanks, Tim. :grin: Yes, we have been friends for awhile now, and I intend to keep that friendship, because you mean a lot to me, as do all of my forum friends. Goodness, our friendship wouldn't be much, if we can't be honest with each other. Right?
PossumPie

Post by PossumPie »

On one hand, I feel close to the people who show up here everyday and post about a subject we all are interested in. A little slip into "when I was a kid..." is helpful for a different perspective. It humanizes people who are otherwise just avatars. I often wish some millionaire would donate enough money that I could have you all over to my house one evening for dinner and conversation.
On the other hand, we all should watch letting the thread slip TOO far into non Borden stuff. I once visited another part of the forum where we could talk about non Borden stuff, but it was empty except my esteemed nemesis Franz...
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

For as long as I have been a member here, we have tended to go off topic a bit here and there. Sometimes more so than others. Trust me, it isn't as glaring as it has been in the past when we had posters obsessed with Brown here, or when our pal from Arizona showed up.

Personally, I don't see it as a problem right now-- the topics seem to remain on point-- with a couple of non topic posts-- but they tend to be somewhat germane to the topic.

Considering things that went on fairly recently-- the attack on a member, a long time member creating a new ID and then leaving all together, etc-- IMO we need to let some things slide and get back to being friendly and tolerant.

That said, I have 4 dogs.
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

Aamartin wrote:For as long as I have been a member here, we have tended to go off topic a bit here and there. Sometimes more so than others. Trust me, it isn't as glaring as it has been in the past when we had posters obsessed with Brown here, or when our pal from Arizona showed up.

Personally, I don't see it as a problem right now-- the topics seem to remain on point-- with a couple of non topic posts-- but they tend to be somewhat germane to the topic.

Considering things that went on fairly recently-- the attack on a member, a long time member creating a new ID and then leaving all together, etc-- IMO we need to let some things slide and get back to being friendly and tolerant.

That said, I have 4 dogs.
At last count I had 4 goats, 41 chickens (2 more are sitting), a jackass named "cranking hank", and 2 dogs. If anyone would like to know their daily diets, please PM me. Now... back to topic......
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

BOBO wrote:Could we PLEASE keep the forum to discussing the case?? We get so off track that folks lose interest. May I suggest that if we have a different reply to the subject posted that we reply with a PM or a EMAIL?? I mean no harm, but this has long since gotten out of hand. New forum members really doesn't care what your pet eats. JUST SAYING.

No, it's not too much to ask! :smile: I just got home so I'll have to finish my reading before I can post again. However, I am seeing a lot of the same things being posted over and over. I guess that is why I'm losing interest. :roll:
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

MysteryReader wrote:
BOBO wrote:Could we PLEASE keep the forum to discussing the case?? We get so off track that folks lose interest. May I suggest that if we have a different reply to the subject posted that we reply with a PM or a EMAIL?? I mean no harm, but this has long since gotten out of hand. New forum members really doesn't care what your pet eats. JUST SAYING.

No, it's not too much to ask! :smile: I just got home so I'll have to finish my reading before I can post again. However, I am seeing a lot of the same things being posted over and over. I guess that is why I'm losing interest. :roll:
WELCOME BACK.. MISSED YA BUNCHES!!!!
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

BOBO wrote:
MysteryReader wrote:

WELCOME BACK.. MISSED YA BUNCHES!!!!

Thanks! I'll be back soon!
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

MysteryReader wrote:... I am seeing a lot of the same things being posted over and over. I guess that is why I'm losing interest. :roll:
Out of curiosity, I have a couple of questions…

1. What subjects do you feel are being posted over and over?

2. What subjects would you like to see members post about? In other words, what topics would keep you interested in the Borden case?
Last edited by twinsrwe on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PossumPie

Post by PossumPie »

I concur with MysteryReader...welcome back BTW...My only real frustration about this forum is when people...mostly new ones... post questions or comments about something that has been extensively covered before. That "SEARCH" button at the top right is your friend. Use it to find background on things before posting...Not so much the folks here now, but in the past people would pop in with some theory that had factual errors. A quick search would find 4 years ago someone posted documented evidence disproving it. My favorite example is the "It was the hottest day on record" A few of us researched back and it was only in the low-to-mid 80's!!!!
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

PossumPie wrote:I concur with MysteryReader...welcome back BTW...My only real frustration about this forum is when people...mostly new ones... post questions or comments about something that has been extensively covered before. That "SEARCH" button at the top right is your friend. Use it to find background on things before posting...Not so much the folks here now, but in the past people would pop in with some theory that had factual errors. A quick search would find 4 years ago someone posted documented evidence disproving it. My favorite example is the "It was the hottest day on record" A few of us researched back and it was only in the low-to-mid 80's!!!!
I totally agree. If I had to give a "newbie" ONE bit of advice, it would be go to the OLDEST post FIRST, and work backwards. Even go to the old forum, that is no longer active, and read the post. ALL of them. This is the forum in "germ" form. I'm fairly sure that no member here minds helping anyone that is in need of an answer, but when the answer can be found using the "search" button, and the question has been asked over and over (and answered), it becomes frustrating to the point of not replying.
I mean no offense to anyone. If I have done so it is out of my ignorance, not arrogance.
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

IMHO, we all started here fairly green. I don't mind newbies opening topics previously discussed. Some of those posts are years old and have attachments, etc that have expired or been deleted. This forum used to WAY more active than it is now. Not many new people seem to stay here very long. We have to be respectful and kind towards newbies and allow them to post and ask what they want. I have seen new people 'bullied' and some of them quit posting.

To be blunt-- and 'I'm going to catch hell for this' -- If you don't want to read off topic or repetitive posts-- don't open them or skim past them. But let's quit bitching about the contents or our perceived quality of the posts-- or watch the forum dry up completely.
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

Aamartin wrote:IMHO, we all started here fairly green. I don't mind newbies opening topics previously discussed. Some of those posts are years old and have attachments, etc that have expired or been deleted. This forum used to WAY more active than it is now. Not many new people seem to stay here very long. We have to be respectful and kind towards newbies and allow them to post and ask what they want. I have seen new people 'bullied' and some of them quit posting.

To be blunt-- and 'I'm going to catch hell for this' -- If you don't want to read off topic or repetitive posts-- don't open them or skim past them. But let's quit bitching about the contents or our perceived quality of the posts-- or watch the forum dry up completely.
This type of reply IS EXACTLY why the Grein family REFUSIES to post on this forum... and I don't blame them... JESUS WEPT.. And I can BITCH about what I want.
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

BOBO wrote:
Aamartin wrote:IMHO, we all started here fairly green. I don't mind newbies opening topics previously discussed. Some of those posts are years old and have attachments, etc that have expired or been deleted. This forum used to WAY more active than it is now. Not many new people seem to stay here very long. We have to be respectful and kind towards newbies and allow them to post and ask what they want. I have seen new people 'bullied' and some of them quit posting.

This type of reply IS EXACTLY why the Grein family REFUSIES to post on this forum... and I don't blame them... JESUS WEPT.. And I can BITCH about what I want.

As is their and your prerogative. I intend to post as I please. I have been down this slippery slope before, on this very forum. I won't go again.
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

Aamartin wrote:
BOBO wrote:

As is their and your prerogative. I intend to post as I please. I have been down this slippery slope before, on this very forum. I won't go again.
no WE ARE NOT ALL NEWBIES... and your opinion is not any more than mine.. feed your dogs.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

There is only so much about the Borden case that can be discussed, and that definitely involves repetitive posting at times. However, with newer members imputing their ideas, questions and comments we tend to learn more about the case than we previously knew.

A good example of this is the tread titled, Lizzie on Pinterest, which covered previous posts regarding the opinions of two of the most knowledgeable ‘Lizzie’ people, Len and Stefani, yet by comparing known photos of Lizzie when she was younger to the photo of the schoolgirl, it was shown that the photo of the schoolgirl, with her lovely hat, was not Lizzie, but she was definitely related to the Borden sisters. Now that is an exciting conclusion!!!

The forum has been more active in the past, but it has also been a lot slower in the past than it is now. So all in all, I think we are doing pretty well. It would be a shame if this forum were to fold, because it happens to contain the most accurate information available regarding the Borden case.

I think it would be great if MysteryReader and other newbie’s would start new topics, with things they would like to know about and discuss.
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Totally agree, twins! Please newbies, and 'oldies', post.
Let us read your opinions/questions on the Borden case. We are all here to learn and exchange opinions.

By the way, a jackass, what an unusual pet....!
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Thanks, Curryong. I also think it is very important that we are cordial to each other, when we disagree with someone’s post. The exchange of heated words do not encourage new members to join in on our discussions. (I know I have been guilty of this very thing, but an apology on my part helped tremendously, to get things back on track).

We want the forum to be a pleasant place to discuss our opinions and receive answers to our questions, so that newbie’s, as well as us older posters, feel what they have to say is important, don’t we?
Last edited by twinsrwe on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Curryong wrote:... By the way, a jackass, what an unusual pet....!
I agree, but I bet it is a lovable jackass!!! :grin:
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

BTW, I for one would love to have the Grein family join us; I would be greatly interested to hear their opinions and any questions they may have.
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

This whole thread makes me wonder.... http://tinyurl.com/abc263v
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*
Even Paranoids Have Enemies

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Wuff Wuff!

Early settlers in Australia used to call kookaburras 'laughing jackasses' but I don't think it had anything to do with donkeys, more 'laughing fools'.
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

To be off topic, or to be a metaphor - that is the question.

They do laugh...this bird call is featured in a lot of movies and I never knew what it was...til now! Thank you, Curryong, for adding something new to my fount of Jeopardy knowledge!! :smiliecolors:

http://tinyurl.com/jvsj2rc

Speaking of jackasses, our neighbors have a jackass along with a peacock. That peacock is the next thing to a Moluccan cockatoo when it gets wound up. Neighbors on the other side have a small herd of really aggressive emus.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Curryong

Post by Curryong »

The first time a new settler must have heard that laugh coming out of the bush (as we call the more remote countryside) they must have been very startled.

I hate emus. If they take a dislike to you for no particular reason, they start chasing you. Their huge talons are capable of ripping a kangaroo's stomach open, but when one chased me, with its little red eyes glistening, I didnt hang around!

Do you answer the questions on 'Jeopardy' debbie, when the show comes on TV? It's too wide-ranging for me.
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

debbiediablo wrote:This whole thread makes me wonder.... http://tinyurl.com/abc263v

I think I did!
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

Aamartin wrote:
debbiediablo wrote:This whole thread makes me wonder.... http://tinyurl.com/abc263v

I think I did!
WUFF! WUFF!

I love Jeopardy.

WUFF! WUFF!
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

I think it would be great if MysteryReader and other newbie’s would start new topics, with things they would like to know about and discuss.[/quote]

You know, MysteryReader has started new topics and questions and always gets the reply of it's been discussed in a previous thread. Go check... well, not everyone has the time to sit around and read a ton of material. Do you know what it's like to read it, sort through it for an answer and feel you can't find what you're looking for? :roll: It's very frustrating! :evil:
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

[quote="MysteryReader"]
You know, MysteryReader has started new topics and questions and always gets the reply of it's been discussed in a previous thread. Go check... well, not everyone has the time to sit around and read a ton of material. Do you know what it's like to read it, sort through it for an answer and feel you can't find what you're looking for?/quote]
Mystery Reader, I'm very sorry this has happened to you. My opinion is pretty much the same as Anthony: people start where they are with Lizzie and it's up to all of us, old members and new, to help each other :smiliecolors: If you would please go back and point to those instances where you felt unheard by this forum and perhaps we can discuss them again.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

phineas

Post by phineas »

It's funny that even this thread was hijacked with off topic conversation. :smile: Look, we all know very few people keep this board going and bless them for it. But to the main posters (who I really admire and am grateful for) I'd like to respectfully ask that you take the long digressions such as the computer talk on the locks/safety thread to the personal area. Yes, it's true I can skim through it, but it's very disappointing to see a bunch of replies to a thread and then see that it's all off topic. It puts the burden on the reader to winnow through the chaff.

The old archives are so wonderful to read because there's none of that. Now, I don't mind a personal reminiscence at all in a post - they're fine, great even, especially when they're pertinent and I enjoy them. It's the hijacking I object to....when someone's personal comments lead to seven or eight off topic posts. That's no fun and it gets in the way of discussing the topic at hand. It does seem to be happening a lot, IMHO.

Could we start a general off topic thread and then say within the on-topic posts, "on X, I've posted a reply to you in off-topic" ?
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

MysteryReader wrote:... You know, MysteryReader has started new topics and questions and always gets the reply of it's been discussed in a previous thread. Go check... well, not everyone has the time to sit around and read a ton of material. Do you know what it's like to read it, sort through it for an answer and feel you can't find what you're looking for? :roll: It's very frustrating! :evil:
OK, I apologize for including you in my above statement. However, I did go back and check out the topics you have submitted. (I don’t think I missed any of your topics, but if I did, then I apologize).

In the Stay To Tea section of the forum, you submitted 8 topics and received cordial responses to 4 of them; the other 4 topics received no responses. In the Lizzie Andrew Borden section of the forum, you submitted 14 topics and again received cordial responses to each one of them. So, your statement of ‘You know, MysteryReader has started new topics and questions and always gets the reply of it's been discussed in a previous thread.’ is not exactly true, is it?

I have spent years, researching and studying the Borden case, so, yes, I do know what it is like to read tons of material and not find the answer to the things I am looking for. I agree, it can be frustrating, but I continue to search for the answer. I’m sorry that you don’t have the time to sit around and read a ton of material, but like every person who has a good understanding and vast knowledge of the Borden Case, they have spent years studying, researching and taking notes.

I hope I have not offended you, because that is not my intention. I just want you to realize that we are more than willing to answer your questions the best that we can, and lead you in finding the answer to whatever you are searching for, but I'm afraid you are going to need to do some research of your own, just as we have done.
Last edited by twinsrwe on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

The results of this thread is that three of the most frequent posters are taking an indefinite break from the forum – one of those three members is seriously considering leaving the forum forever. I find this very sad. :cry:
PossumPie

Post by PossumPie »

This forum is sort of unique among the forums I follow/post to. In the perfume/fragrance forum which I follow, there are always new products and old debates that keep it fresh. In my Survivalist forum, there also is new material every day and new products to review. BUT Lizzie Borden is fairly static. Almost never does actual new material or news come out, and often when it does it becomes quite obvious that is is rehashed old stuff, or made up to sell books. As a result, many people come for a while, talk over the case, get their fill and leave. Sure, some hang on...I've been here a year-and-a-half, others much longer, but many come and go. If people are easily offended by little disagreements, or throw temper tantrums like an infamous member did several months ago, then good riddance. I have no time to pamper hurt feelings. I like all of you, and value your opinions, but after working 26 years in Psychology, I'm done trying to calm egos. No relationship online or in real life is perfect. There are spats and angry feelings. People who are INVESTED in working things out do...people who get easily hurt run away at the first sign of trouble. My wife and I love each other very much, and we both take the part of our vows "Til death do us part" seriously. That is a motivator to work out every disagreement...
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

I opened this can of worms so I feel at fault here. I made sure as not to single any forum member out. My name will stay posted on the forum. Any member wishing to contact me concerning the Borden case can do so with a PM. Tim
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

The first point I want to make is that I'm not married to any of you... :smiliecolors: and I have absolutely no desire to work anywhere as close to as hard at maintaining a presence in this forum as I do in my marriage of almost 40 years!

I consider complaints about individual posters (myself or anyone else no matter what they say or do so long as it's within the realm of common decency) to be the greatest hijacking ever, not just of a thread but of the entire forum!!!! :shock: To make this abundantly clear I'll reiterate: this thread about off-topic posts has hijacked the entire forum! I'm certain BOBO (see above) didn't intend for this to become the main topic of discussion replacing much of the Lizzie talk, but it did.

I would like to think that no one's critical words were intended to drive people away. But they did and still are, and that's terribly unfortunate. We already have so few people willing to post on any consistent basis. It's the out-of-the-box thinker who brings the best material to this forum, complemented by the one who can best quote the testimony. Almost every great discovery of the world has come about by accident. ("You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!")

Possum makes a point that has been made by me and countless others: there's very little new to say about Lizzie. Everything has been hashed and rehashed. So if all you want is information, then head for the archives and read. It's all there and you won't have to put up with any off-topic posts.

However, if you want a sense of community where people are friendly and funny and nice and welcoming and non-critical (except for our Lizzie theories which we will defend to the death :smiliecolors: ) then join the threads. We will welcome every post you make...except I personally will not welcome drama, sniping and whining. :arrow: This is one of the reasons I don't have Facebook...I like to keep my life as drama-free as possible. As for sniping and whining...my kids got sent to time-out for that behavior.

Suck it up folks. The only rules here are to be nice to one another. So to those who are dissatisfied with the quality of the posts, step up and post yourself. Make us think...or laugh...or cry...or debate. Stop lurking and take the lead. But please, let's stop this thread here and now. If we want new members to post or the Grein family to tell us what we're all dying to read, I guarantee the worst way to facilitate this is by infighting. If we want old members to stay and continue to keep the forum alive, I guarantee the worst way to facilitate this is by infighting.

There's no need for anyone to leave this forum, and I certainly don't want to lose BOBO or Irina or Curryong or Judy or Anthony or Possum or our newest members or any of you!!! Like Possum said, I'd love to invite all of you to my house for a giant Hatchet Party on August 4 of the year I win PowerBall.

We've pretty much all had our say now so please let this be....

THE END.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

irina

Post by irina »

A problem with the Borden case is that it is a well contained subject and until new information is found or comes to light researchers are kind of stuck with what's already there. Most other major historic mysteries encompass many different people in large cities such as the East End of Victorian London. Thus many books are written with "the final solution" as part of the title. The Borden case is not made for that sort of thing. I figure we all have our eyes open all the time for any little crumb we see that adds to understanding of the case. A number of us are probably doing research on line, looking for new angles and information. The important things each one of us brings to the forum is our personal perspective and life experience. Who knows what any one of us may contribute or find in the course of life? In the meanwhile we cool our heels and discuss things. :roll:
Is all we see or seem but a dream within a dream. ~Edgar Allan Poe
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

The question is being asked, Is it to much to ask?????

Since I have been asked I will reply.

Yes!

Yes, it is to much to ask that we stay on topic. And the biggest reason people leave the forum is either because they have drawn all the information they needed, lost interest in the case itself, or they have been insulted or bullied. Not because someone went off topic.

I for one think that going off topic is healthy behavior and helps people know something about those they are talking with. Who doesn't enjoy a photo of a dog or cat once in a while. I welcome everyone who wants to go off topic.

Someone made the statement that:

And please understand. This is what I believe. Not an attack on anyone. That is to say:

The reason why the GREIN FAMILY "REFUSIES" to post on this forum is because they don't exist.
Last edited by mbhenty on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Oh yes, I forgot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

Wow! I thought this thread had died. I told someone recently that I was no longer posting (just reading to keep up) but feel the need to say- I'm seeing some fighting going on on the forum and possibly, behind the scenes between members. If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. The Grein family does exist and if everyone would hold their horses, we might be able to see some of the letters or other items. But being loud and nitpicking isn't going to get us there any faster. *steps off soapbox to go back to reading*
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes MysteryReader:

I'm sorry you feel that I am being belligerent. I am not. Have you read the entire thread above? All I am trying to say is I don't believe the Grein family exists. Do I have not the right to say that? If they do exist, is it not I who is left with egg on his face? Are people on here so sensitive that if I say I don't believe something that I should be seen as rude.

I'm sorry. But I have gone back in the forum to read more, and all I hear is how the case has been solved and no proof is given.

Don't you feel that I will be seen in dim light once the Travel Station comes out with the letters.....or once you write the book on it? Don't you believe that in time I will be proven wrong?

I know you have been hurt by the things I said. I'm sorry, it is not my intention. If someone comes on here and claims they have solved the Borden case I have the right to question him. Gud!!! They-have-solved-the-Borden-Case. Do you understand the implications here?

I mean nothing derogatory, or is it an attack, or a challenge when I say, I don't believe the Grein family exists. Heck, I don't believe this Tim fellow is who he says he is. If someone on here can prove that he exists and has these letters, or has met with him please speak up.

Sorry, but I don't believe everything I read.

Show me.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Oh yes, one more thing Mystery.

I don't see where any "fighting" is going on. Perhaps it is something I don't know about.

I am not fighting anyone. Just asking and expressing what I believe.

And I'm not nitpicking. Perhaps this fellow should have waited till closer to November when the Travel Station Airs before coming on here and filling us with information.

I am truly sorry that you seem hurt by this. It's all not that important.

What I think is not important at all, also, if that is what you feel. If you don't believe me I will not be offended. If I lie to you or tell the truth and you don't believe me I will be very offended.

You appear to be a very gently woman.....a nice person. My intention is not to upset you. Honestly.

But please allow me the right to voice myself and say I don't believe the Grein family or Tim exists until proven otherwise. I would be a fool to do so. Anyone can get on here and say anything they want, how are we to believe.......faith. And my faith is biting at my wit thus I feel I have to speak up.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Mystery:

Please believe me. I don't go around causing strife for members. I have done some homework. I have come up with some circumstantial proof. Red Flags. Not only is there a good chance that these letters don't exist, there is a good chance that Tim Boyd is not a real person. Believe it or not, I would hate to see anyone be taken for the sake of someone's entertainment.

If the facts are true they will stand up to the acid test.

If I am wrong, you have my sincere apology.

If I am right, well, I will not just stand by and be played a fool.
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Please Tim, this is an appeal to you. I am begging you, begging, for the sake of this forum, to scan just one letter and post it here, just so we can read one letter.

If you have sold all the important and vital ones then post the scan of a non-vital one here, with Sarah's signature or Mary Grein's. We are your friends here on this forum, aren't we? I've always thought the little group who posted here were Internet friends, even though I've only been here a year. Please!

The trouble is, we have seen nothing but a few sentences from the letters.We want and need more, impatient as we are!