Was Lizzie Borden a Victim of Incest?

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

camgarsky4

Re: Was Lizzie Borden a Victim of Incest?

Post by camgarsky4 »

Hi Catsy! Welcome to the forum. :smile:

You noted that the sisters visited New Bedford/Fairhaven in the days before the murders and then follow with mention of a pregnant woman's shelter. Are you thinking such a facility is where the sisters went when in New Bedford/Fairhaven?

Not sure how detailed you want feedback to be, so I'll share a couple related notes and we can go into more detail if you want.

* Lizzie stayed in New Bedford at 20 Madison Street with Nancy Pool and her daughter Carrie from Thursday July 21 to Tuesday July 26. Emma went to Fairhaven (just across river from New Bedford) July 21 and returned August 4th upon receiving a text from Lizzie/Dr. Bowen.

* It was also established during the trial that Lizzie's period had ended just a day or so before the day of the murder. The "bloody water/towels in the pail" were attributed to this cause.

Tell us more about your theory!!
Catsy101

Post by Catsy101 »

So I’m believing that the woman covered for the family. Said they were staying with her. Maybe she was offered $ for her silence or was afraid of Andrew. As for a “period” it may have been blood that happens after giving birth. My bleeding was heavy after all of my kids.
camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

Interesting theory. Are you thinking Dr. Bowen was in the know? Seems like he would almost have to be.

Nancy Pool and her daughters Carrie Pool and Augusta Tripp had been close friends with Lizzie for years.....I doubt they would have needed to have their silence bought if Lizzie needed to hibernate at their place until the birth. But why would they continue the deception after the murders?

Beyond what you mention above, do you have other 'theory supporting' information or takes on the known facts?