Just a leisure-time question...

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

InterestedReader

Just a leisure-time question...

Post by InterestedReader »

So I was watching Elizabeth Montgomery in The Legend of Lizzie Borden... Just on YouTube, and my iPad. Lizzie's in jail, the doctor comes to inject her, she whispers "Papa" and slips into druggy flashback. What the heck is going on then?

Andrew's younger. He's in some dark confined place hovering over the body of what looked like a small naked girl. He injects her, then pulls the sheet down a little, then finishes by caressing the sheeted body, it's rather pervy, then the camera pans away to Childhood Lizzie watching through a window. Apparently at night. I totally didn't get what was going on. Is this supposed to be Andrew doing more Undertaker Stuff like he does elsewhere in the film or Andrew abusing Lizzie? Is the small person a child, a random corpse, Andrew's first wife, Lizzie's dead sister, or Lizzie herself? The film is a bit heavy with the 'incest' intimation and throws in necrophilia too when Andrew gets inappropriate with dead people. This particular scene seems to have been pared back in the edit but anyways I was mystified. Perhaps it's clearer on a big screen :smile:

(Apparently, the version released in Europe was longer including full nudity for the hacking, so the American version is expurgated.)