A second plan in the guest room?

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Franz

A second plan in the guest room?

Post by Franz »

If the killer was Lizzie, there would not have been a second plan in the guest room, she didn’t need it: she killed Abby, she went out of the guest room, she closed its door, she went away, that’s all.

If the killer was an intruder, it is obvious to me that the best, and the unique, place for him (I am inclined to think that the killer was a man) to wait Andrew’s return should be the guest room itself, because only in that room he could have the situation under his control. If so, I have a question: did he have a second plan while hiding in the guest room where he had just killed Abby?

He could have had none, if he was ready to kill anyone, Lizzie or Bridget, who unfortunately adventured into the guest room.

But we know that Lizzie (if innocent) and Bridget (if innocent) survived to the murder. So it was possible that the killer wanted to kill only Abby and Andrew. In this case he might have had a second plan during his waiting time in the guest room, in order to: 1) protect himself not to be caught; 2) not to injure anyone who would enter in the guest room; 3) be sure that he could accomplish his murder plan by killing Andrew who was still to return home.

Therefore, he might have brought with him, other than his murder weapon, 1) a mask, that he might have been wearing while waiting in the guest room --- if Lizzie or Bridget entered, she could not recognize who the murderer was; 2) some substance that could make her loose immediately her sense after being immobilized by the murderer; 3) something, like the rope, to immobilize her definitely; 4) something to cover her eyes; 5) something to prevent her of speaking or screaming, if she recovered her sense afterwards. 6) Therefore, some thing, like a bag, to take along all these items, including the criminal weapon, and probably his blooded cloth.

Even though, I can’t imagine how the intruder would react if Lizzie and Bridget together entered into the guest room. Even if he was a man, it would be very difficult for him to immobilize two women at the same time. But this, fortunately for him, didn’t happen. No one entered into the guest room.

I repeat, if the killer was Lizzie, or if the intruder would kill anyone who troubled him, there would not have been a second plan at all.

Any thought?
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"