Did Jack the Ripper write to Marshall Rufus Hilliard about Lizzie Borden?

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

JamesInnocentBorden

Did Jack the Ripper write to Marshall Rufus Hilliard about Lizzie Borden?

Post by JamesInnocentBorden »

I saw this interesting article posted on FaceBook today. It's pure speculation but Jack The Ripper murders did occur in 1888.

http://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizz ... ie-borden/
Oh, Mrs. Churchill, do come over, someone has killed father.
L.A.B.
InterestedReader

Re: Did Jack the Ripper write to Marshall Rufus Hilliard about Lizzie Borden?

Post by InterestedReader »

Are we back with this wretched Eagan family? I swear they're responsible for most of the nonsense surrounding the case. They just can't help inserting themselves every two minutes.

A John Dunn, police officer, lived at 247 Spring St in 1900. His wife Joanna was an Eagan, and living with them were her two sisters Ellen and Nancy Eagan. This is the family into which Ellen Hurley Burns married to become the right meddlesome nuisance Ellen Eagan.

Spring St was lousy with this Eagan family, and I'm putting together a compendium to demonstrate just how busy they were clouding the waters. Their storytelling eventually led to the Arnold Brown product, but there was so much more. Among the Spring St Eagans active at the actual time there was even a reporter on the Fall River Herald.

Dunn's son was still a kid at the time of the murders, perhaps he wrote the note.
It's in American idiom, not British.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M95K-P24
Minions3

Post by Minions3 »

Excellent point Interested reader.
patsy

Post by patsy »

Somehow I missed this thread when it was first posted. Good point bringing that connection to light, InterestedReader. Such a sloppy signature in the letter to Rufus Hilliard compared to the signature in the "Dear Boss" letter which was supposedly sent by the Ripper.