Hello, all!

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

AngieWarhol

Hello, all!

Post by AngieWarhol »

Hello everyone!
I have been a follower of the forum for quite a while now, however I never made an account. Lots of sorry excuses as to why. But, I finally forced myself to make an account. I look forward to joining the discussions on here! And I want to share some photos I know everyone on here will enjoy too. My husband and I got married in the house on Second Street on April 1st, 2017. We had the house for two nights so it was a lot of fun, and we got to explore Fall River and fell in love with the area. We're from the Pittsburgh area, so quite different from what we are used to(in a good way).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patsy

Re: Hello, all!

Post by patsy »

Hi and welcome, AngieWarhol.

Congratulations and many good wishes for a long and happy marriage. How fascinating to have the wedding at the house. Glad you decided to join this great site.
AngieWarhol

Post by AngieWarhol »

Thank you so much for the well wishes! As to choosing the house for the wedding location, I visited the house in June of 2016 while I was in Connecticut visiting family. Sadly it wasn't exactly a 'happy' visit. So my Mum and I decided to visit the B&B to have a mother-daughter trip and have a nice day away. We both loved the house. My mother and I love historic sites and the house was preserved so well we both fell in love with it! About a week after we toured the house I read online that couples had been married in the house before and that was when I thought about the B&B. My then fiancé and I were planning on just having a court house wedding and a big reception after the fact, but it was nagging at me that I was the only daughter of my parents. Once I learned that there had been other marriages at the house it clicked! It was a perfect fit for us. And we all loved it! Some of us more than others, hahaha, but it was lovely! We all really loved Fall River too! Fall River even got my brother that hated New England due to being a diehard Steelers fan, to admit that he 'kind of' liked Massachusetts.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Nice cake. Very simple, proper and befitting. Love it. Chocolate? :?: :scratch:
AngieWarhol

Post by AngieWarhol »

Mbhenty, thank you! No it wasn't chocolate. It was a lemon cake actually. And the baker brought raspberry sauce to go with it so the cake could have a side of 'blood' if anyone wanted it. :lol: The cake was amazing, as was the raspberry sauce. Shoutout to the New Boston Bakery in Fall River that made it for us!
Last edited by AngieWarhol on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Lemon, that's good also....Hmmmmmm :grin: :roll: :oops:

NB bakery is one of the best in fall river. Excellent plan with the cake. Hope you enjoy and prosper in this thing called marriage. An institution that I could never bring myself to join. But that's neither here or there. No reason not to wish you all the best and happy days. :thumright:
AngieWarhol

Post by AngieWarhol »

:mrgreen: Well thank you! And hey, I never thought I'd join it myself, and frankly never wanted to. But stranger things have happened! :lol:
Franz

Post by Franz »

Welcome AngieWarhol!
The pictures are marvelous!
And you married on ... April 1st? Seriously? Ahahha I am joking. Congratulations!
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

Welcome Angie!

Congrats on your wedding. I bet it was fascinating to be married in the house. Did you or your husband or any party member(s) that stayed there see any ghosts or feel "anything" unusual? I actually chose April 1, 20xx as my daughter's birth. My husband thought it'd be a great day. Good luck!
AngieWarhol

Post by AngieWarhol »

Hello!
Yes, we did pick April 1st of all days! :lol: The choice was actually because of the availability of house. We had it for two nights and we needed it to be a weekend since both of our families are from Pittsburgh and not all of our family could have several days off. When we saw that April 1st was available we thought it was hilarious since it was already going to be a strange wedding.
Ah yes, the ghosts! Well I had some rather tame stuff happen to me. Nothing that made want to run out of the house though. However, the second morning in the house, we all came down for breakfast and my husband's oldest sister looked exhausted and pale. My mother in law asked how everybody had slept, and his sister immediately blurted out that she didn't sleep at all and then burst into tears. Which was shocking because the first night everyone slept quite well, granted we had ingested quite a bit more alcohol the first night! Hahaha. Her and her boyfriend said that they had footsteps going back and forth through their room all night. As well as objects in the room being messed with and door handles moving, rattling, etc. my husbands second oldest sister was staying in the room next to her's on the third floor with her boyfriend, and he immediately said that "something isn't right up there. It's creepy." after his oldest sister told us about her night. He said they also heard the footsteps and he saw something in the window. He said it was definitely a person, and it wasn't a reflection of anything. My youngest sister in law slept in Bridget's room and had nothing happen to her, however she did say that the stuffed animals on the rocking chair would be in different positions when she would wake up during the night but didn't feel creeped out whatsoever.
My husband and I spent the first night in the guest room, and when I would wake up, I would look at the window to see if it was still dark out. If it was I just closed my eyes! Hahaha. Nothing happened while we stayed in there. The second night we stayed in Lizzie's room. I did wake up at one point and heard knocking on Emma's door. The door to Emma's room was closed and no one was in it the second night, my brother stayed in there the first night but had to leave the next day due to work. So that was a tad strange. And my husband's grandmother was in the master bedroom and heard knocking on the door to the back staircase. But by far my oldest sister in law got the worst of it. It was bad enough for her that she started calling another hotel in her panic, several times in a row until she finally gave up.