Bowen Borden?

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

KGDevil

Bowen Borden?

Post by KGDevil »

I've been trying to find out if there is a possibility that Andrew was in any way related to Dr. Seabury Bowen. I know that Andrew's father was Abraham Bowen Borden. I know that Abraham's parents were Richard Borden and Patty Bowen. For some reason it's been quite a chore tracing the family of Patty Bowen. But relatively easy to trace the Borden family itself, since it was a very prominent family in the area. I've managed to compile quite a bit of information about the Borden side, but next to nothing about the Bowen side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by KGDevil on Thu May 11, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell. - Arthur Conan Doyle
KGDevil

Re: Bowen Borden?

Post by KGDevil »

Historical and Genealogical Record of the Descendants as Far as Known of Richard and Joan Borden, who Settled in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, May, 1638....

https://books.google.com/books?id=jt41A ... en&f=false
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell. - Arthur Conan Doyle
KGDevil

Post by KGDevil »

Memorial Encyclopedia of the State of Massachusetts, Volume 2.

https://books.google.com/books?id=VQc9A ... &q&f=false
KGDevil

Post by KGDevil »

Grace Hartley Howe Daughters of the American Revolution lineage.
KGDevil

Post by KGDevil »

I've decided the best way to come at this is to just start a family tree to trace the Borden line starting with plugging in the information that I have so far. It's been pretty interesting. I never knew that family tree had so many branches.
KGDevil

Post by KGDevil »

Through my research I found that Lodowick (Lawdwick) Borden joined the American Baptist Home Mission Societies. I just found it an interesting bit of information. It was a lifelong paid membership.

https://books.google.com/books?id=AEFQA ... en&f=false

This is a more recent link about the Baptist Home Mission Society today.

http://abhms.org/about-us/history/
SallyG

Post by SallyG »

I imagine that the Bordens are like a lot of old families that have deep roots in this country....they are related to everyone! My family came to this country in the 1500's and over the years of doing my genealogy found that any family in my area whose ancestors had been here more than 100 years I was related to! Which means I was related to 80% of the people in the area!