Lizzie memorabilia sold

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

mbhenty

Lizzie memorabilia sold

Post by mbhenty »

So, you are upset that you forgot to bid on Lizzie's signature, heh? :smile: :roll: :oops:

CLICK TO MAKE big :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steveads2004

Re: Lizzie memorabilia sold

Post by Steveads2004 »

wow i wonder who bought it?
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Well, I'm sorry I don't have 17K to spend on Lizzie and Emma's signatures! :shock: Jeeez! :lol: :cry: :lol:
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

That's over 20,000, Twins, after buyer's commission premium. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mad: :roll:
patsy

Post by patsy »

Fess up who bought it? Yeah I'm upset that I forgot. Oh well!
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

mbhenty wrote:That's over 20,000, Twins, after buyer's commission premium. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mad: :roll:
Thanks for correcting me, MB. I had no idea there is a buyer's commission premium on top of the buyer's bid. :shock: :eek:
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

I don't know who won the bidding, but there were 4 bids. Not sure if the bidding house would give out the name of the buyer unless it was reported in newsprint or the buyer lets out the info him/herself.

:study:
InterestedReader

Post by InterestedReader »

It's a lot, isn't it...

One thing I'd like to know but feel silly asking... Is all that writing Lizzie's? All the handwritten details spilling over it? Because it's strange to think of someone so focused on the money just days after the butchery - you know, someone being so business-crafty with the finances!
I just don't know enough about her handwriting to be able to tell. It doesn't look like Jennings'...
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

No...

It's a legal document drawn up by an Attorney. The only writing on it by Lizzie is her signature. Proof of that is to look at her signature and her name at the top of the document. Definitely written by someone else.

And the fact that Emma changed the legal authority in the handling of her business matters proves to me that she did not trust the 'crook' Charles Cook. And yes, it has always been my declaration that Charles Cook was not to be trusted. His colors flew brightly right after Lizzie died, when he tried to seize the Davenport property for himself.

:study:
InterestedReader

Post by InterestedReader »

I thought that would be the case, but wasn't sure. Thanks.