Thoughts on Emma

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Reasonwhy

Re: Thoughts on Emma

Post by Reasonwhy »

“My mother used to call us kids by the wrong names (usually when angry)…”
—partial post by PossumPie

Too funny. I knew I’d been accepted as a member of my husband’s family when my father-in-law called me by the name of their dead dog :peanut19:
Last edited by Reasonwhy on Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PossumPie

Post by PossumPie »

Reasonwhy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:18 pm “My mother used to call us kids by the wrong names (usually when angry)…”
—partial post by PossumPie

Too funny. I knew I’d been accepted as a member of my husband’s family when my father in law called me by the name of their dead dog :peanut19:
:lol: :lol: :lol: My wife STILL calls her adult daughters by the cat's names and the cats by her daughter's names as in "Boy, Amanda must have just pooped in the litter box, the house stinks!" Me: "You mean Fluffy?" Wife: "Whatever"
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens
Rdbates16

Post by Rdbates16 »

Does anyone know of Author Arnold R. Brown is still living?
camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

Hi!

Per William Spencer, in the book "Lizzie Borden Uncut", page 163, Brown died on May 1, 1999. Additional interesting note from Spencer, "In January 1996, Brown revealed he was working on another Borden book. He stated it was at that time tied up in legal matters, but it was expected to be published that August. The book was not published, and no trace of it was ever found."
Reasonwhy

Post by Reasonwhy »

Wish Brown had written that other book, just to be able to more clearly discern whether his first book was just a hoax, but I especially wish that Len Rebello had revisited his own book (no disrespect intended to the late Mr. Rebello by putting his name in the same sentence with Arnold Brown’s.) I so greatly admire “Lizzie Borden: Past and Present.”