129th Anniversary

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

dalcanton

129th Anniversary

Post by dalcanton »

129 years ago, Lizzie Borden stepped into history - whether she were guilty or not. I don’t 100% believe in the paranormal, but it’s intriguing to think about. Are there ghosts at 92 Second Street today, reliving the horrible events of that long ago day?

I think often of Abby, especially, since she endured the worst. To have been brutally hacked to death with 19 blows. Did she see her killer before it happened? Did she know her killer?

Was Andrew really napping when he was killed? If awake, did he also see his killer? Did he know his killer?

The old cliche - if only walls could talk. What did they witness that day?
camgarsky4

Re: 129th Anniversary

Post by camgarsky4 »

In the spirit of the anniversary, if limited to a single individual, who is the one person (outside the Borden's, Bridget & Morse) that you'd like to have a 30 minute interview with AND they had to be fully forthcoming?

I waffle back and forth between Charles Cook, Mrs. Emery and Elizabeth Johnston.....but will choose Elizabeth. What was in that Marion letter and why did you stop associating with Lizzie before the trial?
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Good idea :lol: Yes if only we could do that one!

Mrs. Churchill I think.

How closely did you actually LOOK at Lizzie that day? When you and Bridget climbed the stairs were you given a directive to go to THAT stairs first?
xyjw

Post by xyjw »

Uncle John Morse. Did he and Andrew talk about changes to Andrew's will? How was he able to have such clear recollection as to his whereabouts the morning of August 4th?
Kat

Post by Kat »

dalcanton wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:06 am 129 years ago, Lizzie Borden stepped into history - whether she were guilty or not. I don’t 100% believe in the paranormal, but it’s intriguing to think about. Are there ghosts at 92 Second Street today, reliving the horrible events of that long ago day?
In the spirit of Halloween, and understanding that the B&B is now "haunted" for visitors, I will share my experience the very first time I went to the Borden graves, March 2004. We had just finished filming the Discovery Channel video and it was an important night for the Borden Saga, with so many people investing their energy into the story. It was just myself and my sister at Oak Grove.
It was a foggy inky twilight, with the memorial stone looming so large, and I stood at the feet of Andrew and "heard" in my mind a disgruntled: "Go Away!"
Well, I was sassy, rather than fearful, so I responded "why do you have such a big monument, if you do not want visitors?"

It wasn't until later I found out Andrew Borden did not erect that monument, it was the Borden sisters. The next time I visited, in October, I apologized.🎃
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Anyone have an experience at the Second St house, or Maplecroft, or Oak Grove?🎃
camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

I have never been to Fall River. 😔
Kat

Post by Kat »

Awwww, well it's still there, but the house won't have the same atmosphere: that's an end of an era. We've always been told you have to go to the house to get into the real feel of the case. It does make a difference.🍐
Kat

Post by Kat »

Halloween is coming!
Here's my Photoshopped pic of a section of the Church in Fairhaven!
ooooooo :shock:
plzclickonpic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reasonwhy

Post by Reasonwhy »

Kat wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:54 am Awwww, well it's still there, but the house won't have the same atmosphere: that's an end of an era. We've always been told you have to go to the house to get into the real feel of the case. It does make a difference.🍐
I am so disappointed, as I have not yet visited, either. We came so close to going there for vacation this month.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Well, as soon as it's safe out there, you guys have to go. It really does contribute to your knowledge, understanding and intuition of the keys to this case. I don't know but that you just absorb it, somehow.
dalcanton

Post by dalcanton »

Cool story! I’ve visited the Borden graves at Oak Grove many times, but I’ve yet to hear a ghostly voice. I’d love to, though! It was always so peaceful at the cemetery. I really hope she is resting in peace.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Did you ever know Tommy who ran the place? He was so cool😎
Our Harry loved Oak Grove, and his favorite monument was the cement tree! We always ended up there every trip to Fall River...
I remember the last time we were there, a Goth girl looking like Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, came walking by and just started a conversation. She said she walked there every day, going home from wherever she'd been. She said she was surviving chemo and felt so peaceful there, just like you said! To her it was like a healing place.