🎄・⋆ᗰદ૨૨ʏ ᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ⋆・

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Steve887788

🎄・⋆ᗰદ૨૨ʏ ᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ⋆・

Post by Steve887788 »

:birthdaysmile:
Last edited by Steve887788 on Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
:birthdaysmile:
Kat

🎄What do you think it was like in the Borden household during Christmas ?

Post by Kat »

Christmas Wishes :santa:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PossumPie

Re: 🎄・⋆ᗰદ૨૨ʏ ᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ⋆・🎄What do you think it was like in the Borden household during Christmas ?

Post by PossumPie »

Utilitarian Andrew probably didn't have a tree, but I bet Abby and the girls convinced him to put some decorations up. I bet Lizzie went out to some parties!
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens
Kat

Post by Kat »

Well, there was the later "Borden Household" comprised of our 2 survivors, Lizzie and Emma.
I don't know if anyone has been visiting the FRHS website the last couple of years, but there were lots of Lizzie's little cards she sent at Christmastime from French Street. I'd give the link but after visiting there just now, could not find it again. When I do, I will post it, for sure!
I apologize ahead of time, that I cannot be sure the sentiment written by Lizzie is the one on the reverse of this exact card. I got a little confused there :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

・🎄What do you think it was like in the Borden household during Christmas ?

Post by Kat »

Apparently Lizzie loved cute sealing stamps, as she always sent her postcards inside envelopes.
Just think! They have her DNA! :santa:
Kat

⋆・🎄What do you think it was like in the Borden household during Christmas ?

Post by Kat »

Sweetly sentimental
PossumPie

Re: 🎄What do you think it was like in the Borden household during Christmas ?

Post by PossumPie »

Kat wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:51 am Well, there was the later "Borden Household" comprised of our 2 survivors, Lizzie and Emma.
I don't know if anyone has been visiting the FRHS website the last couple of years, but there were lots of Lizzie's little cards she sent at Christmastime from French Street. I'd give the link but after visiting there just now, could not find it again. When I do, I will post it, for sure!
I apologize ahead of time, that I cannot be sure the sentiment written by Lizzie is the one on the reverse of this exact card. I got a little confused there :oops:
While handwriting analysis (graphology) is considered pseudoscience without much proof, Lizzies extreme right slant seems significant. Pointing away from the past, towards the future... you all know me by now, the worlds biggest skeptic but I can't help seeing that slant...!
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens
Kat

Post by Kat »

It's said handwriting should be examined upside down, if one is authenticating, which we aren't. But if you turn it, Stef and I noticed the writing looked like slashes. A tendency to look like this: / / / /.
I don't think she ever "grew up," but was stunted in some way; Victorian times probably contributed to that. If she had progressed in school, everything might have been different.
Kat

🎄・⋆ᗰદ૨૨ʏ ᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ⋆・

Post by Kat »

Thanks for the topic, Steve.
More beauty, compliments of The FRHS
Plz cliconpic
Reasonwhy

Re: ・⋆ᗰદ૨૨ʏ ᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ⋆・

Post by Reasonwhy »

:santa: Yes, thank you, Steve. Merry Christmas right back at ya!
Reasonwhy

Re: ok・⋆ᗰદ૨૨ʏ ᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ⋆・

Post by Reasonwhy »

Lovely! Someone at the FRHS has a real eye for beauty. Very much want to go to there, should the spring trip pan out. Thanks for posting, Kat :)
Kat

Re: 🎄・⋆ᗰદ૨૨ʏ ᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ⋆・

Post by Kat »

A card from Lizzie, from the FRHS
Kat

Re: 🎄・⋆ᗰદ૨૨ʏ ᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ⋆・

Post by Kat »

More from Lizzie, care of FRHS
Kat

🎄・⋆ᗰદ૨૨ʏ ᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ⋆・

Post by Kat »

Another tree by FRHS