Murder Maps

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Stefani

Murder Maps

Post by Stefani »

There is a new book out called Murder Maps USA: Crime Scenes Revisited; Bloodstains to Ballistics, 1865 -1939, published on December 7, 2021.

The Fall River Historical Society (for a fee, of course) allowed them the use of some images from the Lizzie Borden collection. Unfortunately, the editors didn't ask the FRHS to take a gander at their text. As you might guess, it is pretty bad. :shock:

page1MurderMaps.jpg
page2murdermaps.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
camgarsky4

Re: Murder Maps

Post by camgarsky4 »

Those are some silly errors and an awful lot of them for such a brief writeup.

I'll keep this book off my Christmas wish list.
PossumPie

Re: Murder Maps

Post by PossumPie »

camgarsky4 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:47 pm Those are some silly errors and an awful lot of them for such a brief writeup.

I'll keep this book off my Christmas wish list.
Agreed. That is Andrew's skull not Abbys. Handle-less hatchet found in basement not barn, Bridget never went away that day. Often when I read accounts of the murder by anyone not deeply obsessed by them, the glaring errors stick out in the first few paragraphs. To be fair though--we know how convoluted and contradictory the facts are, someone read a quote by Lizzie that she told Bridget about a sale on yard goods and the author never bothered to look at the context. They should have looked at this forum and they could have asked any old-timer here for a synopsis and gotten a more accurate account.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens