narcissist, Psychopath or sociopath

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

camgarsky4

narcissist, Psychopath or sociopath

Post by camgarsky4 »

All (but in particular Mr. Possum)....check out the video below on Youtube. I watched and kept trying to filter Lizzie thru what this doctor describes. Looks like there are additional similar talks with the same doctor.

Possum -- would love your take on this doctor before I spend too much more time with her on youtube.

Youtube
Narcissist, Psychopath, or Sociopath: How to Spot the Differences | Dr Ramani x MedCircle
MedCircle
10M views3 years ago
CC
PossumPie

Re: narcissist, Psychopath or sociopath

Post by PossumPie »

Ok, think of a narcissist as "vanity smurf" A person who is completely self-centered, the world revolves around them. They are not necessarily evil, just self centered.
Psychopaths'/sociopath is someone who has no conscience. They want what is best for them, and have no guilt. They will do what they can to make their lives better without awakening at night feeling guilty. This is NOT your average criminal, but a person who really feels no guilt. It develops before age 5 years and is constantly reinforced.
A Narcissist will make themselves look good, but not at the expense of those they care about. A psychopaths/sociopath would steal from their own grandmother without guilt because they only look out for themselves. These are ALL personality disorders meaning they can't be changed or improved even with counseling.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens
Reasonwhy

Post by Reasonwhy »

Great topic, Camgarsky! Will post as I can—our daughter and her puppy are about to arrive for Christmas tonight. But I can’t wait to see others’ posts and add some of my own.
camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

The youtube doc mentioned that using and discarding folks was a psychopath behavior. That sure seems to be a possible explanation for Lizzie's difficulty with extended relationships. I had a list of her broken relationships with family, neighbors, friends and the like. And her better relationships with employees and kids. Now just need to remember where I 'stuck it' and I'll add to this thread.
Reasonwhy

Post by Reasonwhy »

Would like to see that :)