The Case Against Lizzie Borden, William Spencer

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Father Jack

The Case Against Lizzie Borden, William Spencer

Post by Father Jack »

I've been considering buying this book, but would like some input from anyone who has it or has read it. I know that Stefani had a hand in it which suggests that it's legit and worthwhile. What say ye members of the forum?
camgarsky4

Re: The Case Against Lizzie Borden, William Spencer

Post by camgarsky4 »

That would be a great book to buy. In my opinion, it is the best book that isn't a source document. I love that he presents the case in chronological order. Any errors I've found are very minor.

This book is my Lizzie "bible"....pages are dog eared and penciled marked. Index is fantastic, which is part of what I believe Stefani helped with, besides the general editing.

Well worth the price tag.
Father Jack

Re: The Case Against Lizzie Borden, William Spencer

Post by Father Jack »

Dang, I was a little too quick on the draw. I searched the forum and found an earlier discussion on the book. Still, I would appreciate any further thoughts. Thank you, camgarsky4 for your post. I just ordered the book and now have to figure out where it will live on a very crowded bookshelf. I recently got The Jennings Journals and am having a lot of fun with that. There's a couple of books I wouldn't mind throwing overboard (Spiering and Hunter specifically).