Me & Brownie

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

KGDevil

Me & Brownie

Post by KGDevil »

Everett may get his name spelled incorrectly, but he was always recognizable as "Brownie".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell. - Arthur Conan Doyle
KGDevil

Re: Me & Brownie

Post by KGDevil »

Me & Brownie cont...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by KGDevil on Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell. - Arthur Conan Doyle
KGDevil

Post by KGDevil »

These are some articles that I recently found about Thomas Barlow and Everett Brown. They were the "Me and Brownie" duo that testified to having been up "investigating" the barn on the day of the murders.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:!:

Great research material KG.

Even with all their infractions later in life, I still praise the testimony of Brownie and me as truthful. What reason would they have to not tell the truth? As for the authoritative establishment, with their fancy suits and badges, desperately searching for an illusive killer, and who's prideful reputation may hinge on whether he/she is found— not so much.

In Fall River—sixty years after all their misconduct and civil infractions, I witnessed many Bownies and me's. People who worked hard and played hard, drank too much too forget, married the wrong people, and swung a fist. Growing up in a similar existence to that of Brownie and me leaves me familiar, if not sympathetic with their life style and problems.

There were many advances and inventions between 1900 and 1950s. But for many in Fall River and nearby mill towns, very little would change. Same people, same city, different time. Reading the news accounts above I could easily insert the names of many who I grew up with.

I will always offer Brownie and me sanctuary in my thoughts, even while I take the scoundreldom in them into account.

:study: