130 Years Ago Today

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

dalcanton

130 Years Ago Today

Post by dalcanton »

130 Years Ago Today
August 4, 1892
Fall River, MA

It was a Thursday, just like today, and an unspeakable double homicide was about to occur that would cement itself in the annals of true crime forever.

At 9:30 a.m., an unknown person cornered 66-year-old Abby Borden in the upstairs guest room and delivered 19 brutal hatchet blows to the right side of her head.

At 11 a.m., an unknown person snuck up on 69-year-old Andrew Borden as he was napping in the downstairs sitting room and struck him 11 times on the left side of his face with presumably the same sharp-bladed instrument.

The daughter, Lizzie Andrew Borden, was arrested three days later for the crime. Although she would be acquitted, she remained a pariah in the town until her eventual death on June 1, 1927.

Guilty or innocent, Lizzie Borden’s name will always be cemented in American folklore as the debate continues “Did She or Didn’t She?”
camgarsky4

Re: 130 Years Ago Today

Post by camgarsky4 »

This baffling case has become my favorite hobby since I 'hung up the golf shoes'. :wink:

Happy Anniversary!
Albanyguy

Re: 130 Years Ago Today

Post by Albanyguy »

Well, August 4th has rolled around again. 130 years of headlines, rumors, speculation and endless debate...with no end in sight. Happy Borden Day to one and all!
"Something will come of this. I hope it won't be human gore."