Best book on Lizzie

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

eddylzb59

Best book on Lizzie

Post by eddylzb59 »

I have most of the books on "The Tragdey". My Favorites are the 2 by William Spencer." The case against Lizzie Borden" and " Lizzie Borden uncut". I think Spencers book are the most accurate and boy does he carve up the other authors in the uncut book.Does anyone agree??
camgarsky4

Re: Best book on Lizzie

Post by camgarsky4 »

Eddy -- I agree that Case Against Lizzie Borden is the best book to get a thorough and fact based understanding of the case. Spencer's decision to present the information in chronological order (vs by topic or category) was very effective.

Once you gain a general, detailed understanding of 'what happened', the primary source documents and books, along with studying contemporary newspaper articles become the primary reading material to form opinions and theories that may differ from Spencer and others.

I think the other "novels" just confuse and mislead someone wanting to accurately understand the case. That includes Lincoln, Radin, Brown and Spiering.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

New book just published.

The other Fall River Tragedy The Bertha Manchester Murder by William Spencer, the fellow who wrote a fine account of the Borden Murders in: The Case Against Lizzie Borden.

Bertha Manchester was killed with an axe in Lizzie's Fall River while the Lizzie Borden trail was beginning. Killed the day before the Borden jury was picked. Although the jury would have probably heard about the murder, more than likely, they were sequestered before the Manchester murder was resolved.

https://www.amazon.com.br/Other-Fall-Ri ... B0CGKXS9WF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

Thanks for the heads up MB!

On Amazon, the paperback version is $14.95.

I've ordered the book and will circle back with a review.