Bridget Sullivan's history

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

jcurrie

Bridget Sullivan's history

Post by jcurrie »

Has anyone tried to discover Bridget's family background? I know she was born in Allihies, Co. Cork in 1865/6. On accessing the Ancestry site, surprise surprise! There seemed to be hundreds of Bridget Sullivans born those two years. Talk about a needle in a haystack. I was also curious whether or not Bridget returned home, bought a farm, but returned to the US within a year or so. If she did buy a farm, shouldn't there be documents? Maybe Bridget returned to America because there were few young men to marry.

There is a photo of her grave on the Ancestry site, but that doesn't give much information.

If there is someone on this forum who can help I would he grateful.
camgarsky4

Re: Bridget Sullivan's history

Post by camgarsky4 »

Jcurrie -- I don't believe there are any fact based indications that Bridget purchased any property in Ireland after the murders. That topic is covered on a few threads on this forum...but not sure thread names.

You can also go to You Tube and search for Mondo Lizzie.....Steph Koorey (creator of this site) has some interesting videos on various lizzie topics. Bridget is covered on at least one of the videos.

Below is a good informative link.
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/HatchetO ... pbell.html
jcurrie

Re: Bridget Sullivan's history

Post by jcurrie »

Thank you so much, camgarsky4 for the link to this site. It's a mine of information. I'll print it out and read it at my leisure. Steph Koorey is certainly a tireless investigator. I'm pretty certain if she did buy a farm that there must be some documentation. I think that women were allowed to own property in their own right in the 1890s.