Screenplay

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

hannibal

Screenplay

Post by hannibal »

Hello,

I am a freelance screenplay writer fascinated by the Lizzie Borden case. I am beginning to do research into the case in order to write a screenplay. Ideally, the screenplay is historically accurate. I'm looking for some opinions from the experts. What would you like to see in a new Lizzie Borden film? What are the best reference materials to research? Any other opinions or pointers are welcomed.

Thanks!
camgarsky4

Re: Screenplay

Post by camgarsky4 »

Welcome Hannibal!

My 'top of the list' wish for the next Borden murder movie would be a healthy attempt to accurately capture the personalities of the key characters. Avoid making any of the 'over the top' characterizations. There is no evidence that AJB was an evil, lecherous creep or Abby the human incarnation of 'Jabba the Hutt.'

I have found that William Spencer's book, "The Case Against Lizzie Borden" is the best fact based telling of the chronology of events, all in one book. And, of course, the primary sources....the Inquest, Preliminary Hearing and Trial transcripts.

Good luck!
WFordII

Re: Screenplay

Post by WFordII »

Yes! Although I like Christina Ricci, her Lizzie Borden Chronicles were fictional and offensively off base.