Fall River Historical Society

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

AgathaBasset

Fall River Historical Society

Post by AgathaBasset »

I am planning a trip to Fall River the end of October, does anyone know when the Historical Society is due to open back up after their renovations? Thanks!
camgarsky4

Re: Fall River Historical Society

Post by camgarsky4 »

They are usually closed for the winter months, so my interpretation was they would not be reopening until 2024 season. For the sake of your visit, I sure hope I'm wrong.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Historical Society usually closes for Christmas and does not reopen until April of the following year.

But this coming season there are no guarantees.

They would like to open a little earlier next year, (2024) sometime in March, if construction is concluded. But they are not making any promises. So the earliest you can get access to the house will be March of 2024. The Gift shop, however, will be open until Christmas. But there are no tours and the rest of the house will remain closed until spring of next year.

:study:
LizzieB_board_game

Post by LizzieB_board_game »

I have been emailing therm back and forth as I am going to ask the curator to be on my podcast AND to assist with the board game! Exciting! Anyway, I was told they would not reopen until after the new year, 2024. Evidently there are some serious renovating go on.
"Lizzie Borden's Ghost- The Board Game"
Learn more www.LizzieBordensGhost.com
Kat

Post by Kat »

They are adding central air conditioning but being Very Careful, because of the Heritage preservation status of the building.