Lizzie was ironing

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

bipedalist

Lizzie was ironing

Post by bipedalist »

I'm listening to a podcast that tells details of the case, most of which I've heard a million times. But one detail I hadn't thought about was that Lizzie was ironing. The one thing that continues to bug me about the case is blood spatter. So many people say Lizzie would have had blood all over her or there would have been blood on the walls. But there wasn't any. A small weapon like a pointed iron stabbed into a head would similar to an axe. Of course you'd need enormous strength to pull it off - but you could just plunge your hand and the iron into a bucket to clean it off and no one would be the wiser.

The other detail I read recently that I hadn't heard anywhere else was that after the poor pigeons were beheaded, Lizzie and Emma had left and didn't come back until a night before or a few nights before the murder. I imagine quite a bit of plotting could be going on during that time...
WFordII

Re: Lizzie was ironing

Post by WFordII »

Hello, Bipedalist! I'd never considered your theory of an iron being used. However, the cuts to the skin and bone suggests a sharp object rather than a blunt one. Of course, it's just my opinion. You have added some more intrigue to the case! Thank you!
camgarsky4

Re: Lizzie was ironing

Post by camgarsky4 »

Hi Bipedalist!

Do you recall where you read about the pigeons and Lizzie/Emma movements that you mention in your second paragraph?

That is new info for me also.
Thx!