Reasons to believe Lizzie innocent of acting solo

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

camgarsky4

Reasons to believe Lizzie innocent of acting solo

Post by camgarsky4 »

All -- the thread subject should read....."If Lizzie was involved in the murders, reasons to believe she did not act alone."

1) No proven murder weapon found on the property.
2) No blood found on Lizzie's person or clothing.

Can you think of any other SOLID reasons to believe Lizzie did not act alone in the murders of Andrew and Abby?

We've discussed the relatively plausible concept that the murderer could have used Andrew's Prince Albert coat to cover themselves when dispatching Andrew. There was plenty of time after Abby's death to have cleaned up and removed any signs of such.

That leaves us with the murder weapon. Seems like we have three potential solutions.
1) The handle-less hatchet was the murder weapon.
2) The Crowe barn roof hatchet was the murder weapon.
3) Lizzie had a co-conspirator, who removed the murder weapon from the property.
Curiousmind2014

Re: Reasons to believe Lizzie innocent of acting solo

Post by Curiousmind2014 »

Hello Camgarsky,

I personally am of an opinion that it was a planned murder and Lizzie had several co-conspirators. My explanations are on this post here.

Fantastic Four Theory (Emma, Lizzie, Bridget, JVM) (https://lizzieandrewborden.com/LBForum/ ... 633#p86633).

Reasons I believe she did not commit the murder, especially of her dad, Andrew Borden are as follows:

1. Too tight of a timeline with Andrew Borden. He entered home around 10:45am, Bridget was alerted around 11:05am, and policemen were home by 11:14am.She would have easily extended the timeline. She could have taken a few more minutes, maybe 30 more minutes to put things in order.

2. Too many irregularities happening at the same time. Visit of Uncle Morse (was a butcher at one time), Emma's travel.

3. This mode of operation was not the first time it happened. One was the murder, then was the robbery which happened a year ago. These are the two instances where it became public and police got involved. There must probably be more such instances which Abby & Andrew never caught but people came in the house and disappeared without notice. In two documented instances, police was never able to figure out what happened and how it happened. Therefore, while executing this murder, they had confidence that they can get away with it.

Besides these there are many reasons that I believe Lizzie had accomplices.

I also doubt many events that are considered to be facts actually happened. All we know is the following:

1. No one saw Abby after 9:00am / 9:30am. Next time she was found dead.
2. Andrew entered the home around 10:45am, and was probably dead around 11:05am
3. Bridget was talking to neighbor's maid at some point in time and was probably washing windows until 10:30am.

Also, there must be some high tensions amongst family members prior to the murders.

1. Andrew repurchased homes gifted to Lizzie and Emma few weeks before the murders.
2. Abby was super scared and she suspected someone is trying to kill her.
3. Lizzie herself felt someone might try and hurt them.

Probably various means were tried which we don't know of besides the prussic acid case.

Now it is too late to resolve the case, as people involved are dead. Few years ago, I heard they found diaries of Jennings, but nothing that I know of is revealed. I have enjoyed older books such as by Victoria Lincoln's as it sheds light on the hearsay stories and the society at that point in time. Although, I disagree with her epileptic rationale.

Lizzie was acquitted due to absence of proof, not because of proof of absence. There was reasonable amount of doubt which resulted in it.
camgarsky4

Re: Reasons to believe Lizzie innocent of acting solo

Post by camgarsky4 »

Curious -- couple thoughts on Morse.

Since Morse visited the Borden home 3-4x that same summer, I wouldn't call his visit an irregularity, depending on ones definition of irregularity. Not saying his visit had nothing to do with the murders, just that I don't consider it irregular since John regularly visited the Borden's.

I am not aware of any evidence (weak or strong) that supports the concept of incest in the Borden household. However, we do know that Lizzie (age 32) and Emma (age 42) inherited a huge sum of money. Money and sex are probably the most common motives for murder. We have indisputable evidence of one of those in this case and nothing but pure conjecture for the other.

Lastly, Morse's legendary 'overly detailed' alibi is an urban myth in my opinion. There are zero contemporary newspaper articles, witness statements or testimony mentioning badge #'s. The 6 priests that Morse did mention were noticed by others. So apparently they were very noticeable. Article posted below.

Source: Fall River Daily Evening News. August 5, 1892. Page 8.
“…...Mr. Morse’s story has, however, been confirmed, so far as the priests being on a car is concerned, by Conductor Kennedy of the car going east, who says he passed the car with the priests on the hill by the Pocasset engine house, about where Mr. Morse took the car, and that he took its time, and it was just 22 minutes after 11 o’clock.”

To our knowledge, Morse's lifestyle did not change after the murders. This would seem to be inconsistent with receiving any type of financial windfall. We are also unaware of any relationship maintenance with either sister after the murders. So, it would seem that if Morse participated in slaughtering a man he seemed to be a friend with for no discernible reason, he had to have been an psychopath. But to our knowledge he never displayed that tendency elsewhere in his lifetime.

In a nutshell, I do think it is possible Lizzie had an accomplice, but based on what I know at this point, I don't think that person was John or Bridget. Emma.....she might have been an emotional co-conspirator.