Mrs.'s Manley & Hart's mysterious man

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

Sometimes simple explanations for some of the 'mysteries' of the Borden just pop in one's head.

Mrs. Manley & Hart testified that they saw a man loitering/leaning against the Borden gate around 9:40a.m. We also have multiple testimonies or statements that folks saw Bridget outside washing the windows and specifically saw her around the northwest corner of the house around the 10 o'clock hour that same morning.

Doesn't it seem plausible that the gentleman was simply 'checking out' Bridget? Trying to catch her attention to have a chat? Bridget ignores him because she knows the rules of socializing during work time?

Bridget testified she made multiple water refilling trips to the barn....perhaps that's where she was in the moments that Mrs.'s Manley & Hart passed the house.

Take it a step further.....could she have run into this guy the night before when she and her friend were strolling the neighborhood and downtown? She mentioned where she lived and this guy was doing what many a young man would do.....'randomly' drop by and say hi!

I think this is as or more likely than a violent killer randomly loitering at the front gate before he goes back into the house to commit another slaughter.

Thoughts?
Last edited by camgarsky4 on Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Oh we sooo would like to know more of Bridget’s life! A loose thread weaving throughout this whole story is *was there a boyfriend or acquaintance of Bridget involved?*
With yours and Cagney’s newspaper search 🔍 term magical abilities, maybe we could find out more about Bridget?

Well, imagining myself there at the time looking on, I see a wet dress (from window washing) on a hot Bridget, so maybe a passerby found that rather alluring?

I keep remembering that last paragraph in the long news item from my previous post
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/LBForum/ ... 4&start=50

That the press believed 5 people knew of the happenings that day, if only one would come forward. And it was believed they would speak.

Bridget has to be one, don’t you think?🧐
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.