Last visit

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

AgathaBasset

Last visit

Post by AgathaBasset »

I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this. Does anyone know when was the last time John Morse visited the Bordens?
camgarsky4

Re: Last visit

Post by camgarsky4 »

Per his inquest testimony, he visited the Borden's around July 10th. He provides more details about that and previous visits on pages 95 & 96. You can find the inquest testimony on the 'free' site, "Lizzie Borden Virtual Library" in the primary source documents.
AgathaBasset

Re: Last visit

Post by AgathaBasset »

Thank you! I just found the inquest on Lizzie Borden audio podcast. It was interesting listening to them, especially Dr. Bowen. But I wished Lizzie would slow down with the “sir” every two seconds. lol
Kat

Last visit

Post by Kat »

AgathaBasset wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:46 pm Thank you! I just found the inquest on Lizzie Borden audio podcast. It was interesting listening to them, especially Dr. Bowen. But I wished Lizzie would slow down with the “sir” every two seconds. lol
Hola!
May I ask about the podcast? Is it a recreation of the Inquest of Lizzie with voice actors?
Did you find it helpful, or did you think the director skewed the emphasis?
Sounds interesting…do you have a link, possibly, or search terms? Thanks!
Kat

Last visit

Post by Kat »

https://lizzieandrewborden.com/chronolo ... 9-1892.htm
LABVM&L
I pulled out all the visits we know of from testimony of John V. Morse coming to the area around Fall River. I know it was more info than requested, but, oh well… :wink:

July 5, 1833
John Vinnicum Morse born, in Fall River, Mass. (Sarah Borden’s brother, and uncle to Emma and Lizzie).

John Morse moves west to Minn. to live with his brother William. (stays 1 year, then moves to ILL. in 1856 / stays 14 years / 1869 moves to Iowa. Throughout this time, he spends summers and winters in New England area, visiting).

John V. Morse visits Bordens

John Morse lives with Bordens one year.

John Morse visits Bordens.

John Morse visits Bordens.

Oct., 1891
Morse moves from R.I. to South Dartmouth to live with old friends Isaac Davis, and his son, William A. Davis. (butchers and slaughterhouse owners).

1892, end of June
Morse visits

July 10, 1892
Morse visits.

August 3, 1893
Morse visits
1:30 - 3 p.m.
Morse and Andrew talk.

3 – 4 p.m.
Morse leaves for the Swansea farm.

8:30 p.m.
Morse returns.