heres another way out theory

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

snokkums

heres another way out theory

Post by snokkums »

:?: :!: :?: Think that maybe abbey was haveing the affair and andrew found out and killed her? Bridget discovered the body told lizzie and to save andrew's reputation killed andrew and then tried to make it look like an outside job?
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

If Abby was having an affair it's kind of interesting that John Morse who was not a blood relation to Andrew or Abby, but who was single, stayed in the house the night before the murders.

Consider another possibillity to this theory. Mabe John killed Andrew after discovering that Andrew had killed Abby, in this Lover's Triangle.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

Just a thought anyway
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
augusta

Post by augusta »

There's never been any kind of evidence to suggest this scenario. It's good to be thinking, tho, because it seems that we are missing a piece or two to this puzzle.
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

Well, I agree; that's way out. Why don't you save up the next six or seven really outre theories that come to mind and post them all at once - could be fun!
Haulover

Post by Haulover »

bob: just put on your andrew face instead!

but let's be scholars nonetheless. bridget kills abby because she wants andrew. when andrew won't go for it, she kills him, realizing it's a hopeless affair.

why not? engstrom wrote a book.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Snokkums, Just so you don't get the wrong idea, I wasn't making fun of your theory I was only adding a possibility to it, as we are discussing way out ideas.

Sometimes the truth is a lot further out than you might think. Someone might come up with a theory that is not completely right but is partially right.

Here is a way out theory that I have come up with.

Abby while making up the bed in the guest bedroom discovers a piece of Bridget's undergarmet in the bed. The initials sewn into it clearly identify it as Bridgets. It doen't take much for Abby to put 2 and 2 togeather and come up with 4. Abby tells Andrew of her discovery, togeather the two of them comfront Bridget about her behavior. Andrew tells Bridget that she is fired but that she can stay at her job for a week or so until he can find a new maid, one that doesn't sleep with the house guests. Andrew leaves to attend bussiness downtown.

Bridget begs Abby to get Andrew to give her a second chance. Abby doesn't give in, in fact she even goes further by telling Bridget that she is going to let everyone know what she is and that she will never be able to find a job in Fall River again! This is much for Brigget to handle, the loss of her job is bad enough but to have her reputation ruined and to be blacklisted just because she had one night of weakness is too much. Bridget kills Abby in a rage.

Bridget quickly cleans herself up then goes about her window washing. Bridget tries to decide how she is going to handle things. At least by washing the windows she might be able to give herself some kind of an alibi. Mabe the neigbours will see her there and think that she has been doing the windows all mourning, besides if she left, that would be a sign of guilt and they would come looking for her. No her best bet is to act like she knows nothing about it and to wash the windows in plain sight of the neigbours and passers by. Of course she will have to make sure that Andrew is silenced when he comes home. She believes that Andrew considering his family honour will not have mentioned anything about the night before to anyone on his trip downtown. John doesn't know about Abby's discovery in the guest bedroom so Hopefully he will not figure out what happened.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
Edisto

Post by Edisto »

Actually this "Bridget done it" theory is just as legitimate as some of the ones that have been made into books. The hardest part for me to believe is that Bridget would have had monogrammed underwear. (Unless the monogram said "XXX Dixie Crystals Sugar.")

Abby and Andrew weren't exactly hotties, but I've always considered Uncle John to be sort of an overaged hunk. Yeah...I think I can buy this one. I believe I know a company that would be willing to publish it too.
"To lose one parent...may be regarded as misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."
-Oscar Wilde ("The Importance
of Being Earnest," 1895)
Allen

Post by Allen »

Fargo @ Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:00 pm wrote: At least by washing the windows she might be able to give herself some kind of an alibi. Mabe the neigbours will see her there and think that she has been doing the windows all mourning, besides if she left, that would be a sign of guilt and they would come looking for her.
It's really interesting that you stated by washing the windows at least she was giving herself an alibi. About as good an alibi as being out in the barn. Also, your opinion that if she left that would be a sign of guilt is also interesting, since most people spend time wondering why Lizzie didn't leave if she committed the murders.
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
DWilly

Post by DWilly »

Allen @ Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:42 pm wrote:
Fargo @ Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:00 pm wrote: At least by washing the windows she might be able to give herself some kind of an alibi. Mabe the neigbours will see her there and think that she has been doing the windows all mourning, besides if she left, that would be a sign of guilt and they would come looking for her.
It's really interesting that you stated by washing the windows at least she was giving herself an alibi. About as good an alibi as being out in the barn. Also, your opinion that if she left that would be a sign of guilt is also interesting, since most people spend time wondering why Lizzie didn't leave if she committed the murders.

Since you mentioned Bridget washing the windows I would like to ask a question if you please. I always thought that when Abby asked Bridget to wash the windows it was an odd request in a way. By that I mean I read somewhere that most people only washed the windows once or twice a year since it was such a hard job to do. I've also read that people thought it was odd Abby asked Bridget to do it on such a hot day. Some have even said it may have led to Bridget killing Abby others have said Abby wanted Bridget out of the house because she knew she was going to have a run in with Lizzie. Anyway, last night I downloaded some of the inquest testimony and I was reading Adelaide Churchill's testimony and on pg. 127, she said," I don't think she washed windows but once a week, and Thursday was generally the day." Now if that's true, could Lizzie have planned ahead thinking well, Emma's gone and Bridget will be outside so, I can kill Abby on Thursday morning or even some other killer who may have known this routine? Of course there's alway the chance Churchill didn't know what she was talking about.
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

was bridget really sleeping with the guests? Or is this another theory? Just curious. Never heard that one before.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

Let's go back to the Eugene O'Neill plot--

Abby is having an affair; Lizzie discovers the affair and it is the same man she is in love with. The man (Bill Borden?) confesses affair with stepmother to Lizzie and reveals he has disgraced her stepmother because Lizzie's father had never married his mother, and he is actually her half-brother.

Stepmother Abby then attempts to poison Andrew to save herself from disgrace while faking her own poisoning. Lizzie kills Abby to save her father's life, but Bill is still so angry about Andrew disgracing his mother, he offs Andrew. Dr. Bowen admits he has the hots for Emma and wants to leave his wife.

And I like the bit about Bridget and the over-aged hunk, John, getting it on, so let's keep it in (somebody could make throwing all those buckets of water at glass seem sensual).

And Lizzie lives unhappily ever after with her love-lorn and mentally besotted sister (play had burdensome brother) or at least until 1905, when she gets a dog. Nobody washes windows or goes out to a barn or eats pears ever again.

Name of play changed from Mourning becomes Electra to Mourning becomes Lizzie or,perhaps, Lizzie becomes Electra.

The End.
Harry

Post by Harry »

:lol: Sounds like a plot out of "As The World Turns" or as Carol Burnett called it "As The Stomach Turns".
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

Harry--I'm still wondering what Nance O'Neill told Eugene when she worked with his father on The Count of Monte Cristo.

He wrote the play in 1937 (and named some minor characters Borden), but he hit on almost everything that has been thrown out in theory. I watched an old black and white movie version with Katharine Hepburn and laughed myself hysterical because I couldn't stop thinking about the Borden when I watched it. And Arnold Brown's theory certainly wasn't out in public then.

That's what keeps us coming back. The Borden Case...more intriguing than Desparate Housewives.

I always wondered if Lizzie and Emma switched rooms because Mrs. Church's son or boarder was caught watching Lizzie undress through the window.
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

That does sound like something that belongs on a soap opera!!! nice to read though.
DWilly

Post by DWilly »

Well, this isn't all that new, but since were getting into some creative "romance" writing here's mine:

Lizzie killed her parents because she wanted to be free and get the money to live the way she wanted. To pull off the murders she got a little help from two people:Bridget and Dr. Bowen.

Ten years or so years earlier Lizzie, who was a very romantic and curious, had a brief affair with Dr. Bowen. The good doctor was stuck in a loveless marriage and the young and sensual Lizzie was hard to resist. The affair did not last long. Bowen felt guilty and Lizzie did not find the good doctor to be much of a lover.

Zip to the year 1892, Lizzie has in the mean time began a flirtation with Bridget. The two have been "experimenting" and fooling around for about a month now. Lizzie tells Bridget she's going to kill her father and stepmother and will need her help. Lizzie will gladly pay the Irish lass for her help. Bridget agrees. Bridget goes outside to wash the windows. Mainly what she is doing is keeping a look out to make sure someone such as Uncle John doesn't show up at the wrong time. Lizzie kills her stepmother and later her father. Bridget helps with the cleanup.

After the police and all that show up Dr. Bowen finds Andrews Will that names Abby as Andrew's main heir. Although, he and Lizzie are no longer lovers he does care for her enough to quickly burn the Will. He, like Bridget, will help Lizzie.

Lizzie gets away with the murder and moves to Maplecroft where she begins her new life. She has several affairs. One is with the mysterious woman who always showed up at Lizzie's trial wearing a veil. The other is with stage actress Nance O'Neil. :wink:
snokkums

here's another way out theory

Post by snokkums »

augusta @ Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:50 am wrote:There's never been any kind of evidence to suggest this scenario. It's good to be thinking, tho, because it seems that we are missing a piece or two to this puzzle.
I am just trying to figure out why someone would kill there parents. I mean, lizzie had plenty of motive. She didn't like her stepmother, there was the inheritance. If daddy died, Abby would get the chunck of the holdings, that probably didn't set well with her. May be she felt stifled because she wanted to go out and party and have a good time, which her father would not have approved. There are so many different reason why she might have done it.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Abby would get something, but not much. She would get a life interest in some property but it really wouldn't be hers.
Meaning, she couldn't then later will away Andrew's property to her own family. The girls would get that eventually.