Ghost Photos at the Lizzie Borden B&B

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

ghostcat1313

Ghost Photos at the Lizzie Borden B&B

Post by ghostcat1313 »

I went on the tour a couple of weeks ago and a ghostly mist came out in one of my photos. The tour guide was "posing dead" on the couch in the Living Room and in the photo is a dense mist was actually sitting beside him. You can tell it is a woman and she is leaning toward his face as if to see if he is ok, there is also a shadow on the floor below the mist. It is the most incredible thing I have seen. I actually sent in papers to have the photo copyrighted. I will visit the B&B soon and show it to them.
Liz Crouthers

Post by Liz Crouthers »

Show us. we want to see
bsr88

Post by bsr88 »

Yes, we (at the board and the B+B) would LOVE to see your photo, and anybody who has taken ghost pics at the house.

I haven't seen any photos of spirits taken on my tours, but some EVP has been captured, actually on my very first tour!

Don't hesitate, and lee-ann can back me up, to send it to us! We'd love to see it - Andrew doesn't like to be caught on film but you neer know...

Ben
Le classe de français cinq a l'ecole Chariho rappèlent la voyage aux Québec. Le 24 avril - 29 2006
Liz Crouthers

Post by Liz Crouthers »

bsr88 you have the same Zodiac sign as Lizzie Borden you know
Nona

Post by Nona »

Ben!!

Ive totally been into researching EVP's lateley you say you have one from B&B is it availiable????/ Please.please??Pretty Please????????????????
ghostcat1313

Post by ghostcat1313 »

I want the tour guide to be the first to see it , he was an older gentleman who has been studying the case for a long time, not sure of his name?? As soon as I get verification of my copyright of pic I will post it here (not sure how to post pic on this website though, lol). I really believe ghost in picture is Abbey, ghost appears to be wearing same dress as she was when she died and leaning and concerned for "Andrew" in the photo. Can't believe I want to stay overnight, but hey, I grew up in a haunted house (in Groveland, Ma), seen them , felt them and heard them, but never caught one on film until now.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Would that be Ed Thibault (wife Eleanor also a tour guide) you are speaking of ?

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
ghostcat1313

Post by ghostcat1313 »

Yes, I believe his name was Ed, and he mentioned his wife was involved too.
I really can't wait to get back there soon, can't wait to see his face when he sees a ghost sitting next to him.
bsr88

Post by bsr88 »

Nona @ Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:19 am wrote:Ben!!

Ive totally been into researching EVP's lateley you say you have one from B&B is it availiable????/ Please.please??Pretty Please????????????????
Hi! The group that was doing the recording were paranormal investigators. They e-mailed Leeann and I and sent the byte to us via e-mail, I would like to write them and ask if it would be okay to post it here, or somehow get it to you!

In between the words of my "chamber pot speech" you can clearly hear a male voice saying "Herman....... rush..." then my voice resumed.

We were in Lizzie's room - i've been thinking of hermans's involved with the case, I cannot think of any or with the last name of rush. However, that was my very first tour and I was probably nervous. (I got $20 in tips from the 3 people - and they didn't even know it was my first one!) My middle name is Sherman, and I wonder if he was trying to say "Sherman, you're rushing" or something like that. I will try to get it "public".

Keep your fingers crossed.

Ghostcat - please do make sure to show Ed - last time this happened to him, the poeple never showed him, and he never saw it, it really brought everybody down. Not saying you'll do this - but we are very excited to see it especially if we actually PHYSICALLY see it!

Thanks - Ben
Le classe de français cinq a l'ecole Chariho rappèlent la voyage aux Québec. Le 24 avril - 29 2006
ghostcat1313

Post by ghostcat1313 »

Kat

Post by Kat »

Where is everybody?
They wanted the photo but no one remarked?

I think it is pretty cool, actually! :cool: Thanks!
Nona

Post by Nona »

i just got in:) I see a pretty young womans face on the white middle aspect....

I can't wiat to go and take my own pictures!!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks Nona. Poor ghostcat had to wait all day....
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Sorry for my delay in responding. There IS something there in the picture ! Ghostcat, do you really feel that it's Abby and not someone else ?

Tracy...
Nona

Post by Nona »

I feel it's someone else really the face i see is young and pretty.

I wish I could show you where i see it
Nona

Post by Nona »

I can try to descibe where.on the right inside the white spot on the couch under where the couch desighn makes an arch (it's kind of an M arch streched out.)I do see a face a woman young pretty and it goes a little past her neck it looks like shes wearing a dress that is partly on her neck but not the whole neck.anyone else see it?
ghostcat1313

Post by ghostcat1313 »

The way the photo comes out on the computer is different looking than the actual photo. I really don't see a face, I think the wallpaper in the background makes it appear to have a face. The misty body on the couch does not show too well here either. In photo, you can actually see a woman's chest and the dress is an old fashioned baggy style similar to the one Abby was wearing when she died. Image doesn't appear to be sitting staight as it shows on computer, in real photo, you can actually see shoulders bent as if leaning toward "Andrew". Also, I have no idea what that big black shadow is off to the right, there was nothing that could have made that shadow. If I were to guess what ghosts haunt the house, it would be Andrew and Abby, only because they were the ones that died violently and unexpectedly in the house.
Liz Crouthers

Post by Liz Crouthers »

Neat, so what did they say
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

I can never see the things others see in photos, etc. I am not a skeptic so I don't know why!
Susan

Post by Susan »

Cool photo, Ghostcat1313, thanks for sharing it with us. I can see the white blur and the black thing, but, no face or indication of a body. Do you have any sort of photo paint program where you could outline what it is that you are referring to? :roll:
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
keim

Post by keim »

First, let me state that I'm an open minded skeptic. I love ghost stories, and EVP recordings, and photos like this one! But, having stayed at the B&B (in Andrew and Abby's room)as well as many other "haunted" places, I experienced no paranormal events, despite keeping a more-than-open-minded eye out for such things. I examined my 100+ digital photos of the B&B, and couldn't even find a dust orb, or a reflection ecto. But even as a skeptic, I would have been thrilled to find a shot like this!
Among other things, I retouch and restore antique photos, so I'm familiar with using filters and variations of brightness and contrast, to bring out details. A high res version would be ideal, but I used what was posted.
At first this looked like a clear case of a flash being reflected off of the glass of the picture frame above the couch, and that may be what is causing the mist next to Ed. But more interesting to me were the dark areas. A camera strap? Maybe. But to the left of the thick black "smudge", is a lighter gray, smokey area, and the strangest thing to me is the black area to the right of Ed's feet on the carpet. The carpet is relatively new with an evenly distrubuted flower pattern, and it has no bare spots, or dark patches. Even in the extremely lightened image on the left, the black patch shows no sign of the pattern (the light spots are just digital artifacts). The light and dark areas in the photo seem to swim around randomly.
What does this mean? I don't know. It was fun to mess with. Maybe it's just Ed who is haunted!
ghostcat1313

Post by ghostcat1313 »

Thanks Keim for studying the picture. I too found the dark shadow on the floor to the right of Ed's foot to be the most interesting....there is no explanation for it and it is directly under the mist. That dark line off to the right........I too thought it was the camera strap, however, I took the picture with my husband's Nikon camera....no strap on it...it broke off last year. So, I have no clue what that dark line is. Also, my husband took same photo I did about 4-5 seconds after my photo with his digital camera. I originally said his photo came out clear, no mist, no shadows. I just looked at his photo today and behind Ed's head, the wallpaper is lighter than the rest of room, it appears whatever misty thing was in my picture, now was floating away behind Ed's head in my husband's photo. I don't think there is a mirror above the couch, I think it is a picture. I too, thought it could be some type of reflection. Funny thing is, the misty form "sits" exactly in the open space of the couch.
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

What I can't believe is that good old Ed has been doing this for so long and he got the hands wrong!

I have no problem believing you may have gotten something on film, even if I can't see a face. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

keim @ Thu May 05, 2005 11:57 pm wrote:But, having stayed at the B&B (in Andrew and Abby's room)as well as many other "haunted" places, I experienced no paranormal events, despite keeping a more-than-open-minded eye out for such things. I examined my 100+ digital photos of the B&B, and couldn't even find a dust orb, or a reflection ecto. But even as a skeptic, I would have been thrilled to find a shot like this!
I think the better the photographer is the less likely he is to end up having "paranormal" stuff in his photos.

I was gonna comment on these photos, but I can't do it politely.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
bsr88

Post by bsr88 »

Thanks for sharing that with us!! Ed will be so happy..... we can add that to our other misty ghost pictures!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Why would *misty ghost pictures* make Ed *happy*?
Is he a medium?
bsr88

Post by bsr88 »

B/c he never got to see the only other picture we know of that has Ed and a ghost in the same picture
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Was the other picture verified as 'authentic' ? What does it take to verify that a photograph does indeed have a ghost in it ?

Tracy...
ghostcat1313

Post by ghostcat1313 »

Not sure about the "authentic" part myself, I have had 4 photo professionals look at the photos, all agree there is no explanation for the mist and shadows in photo. None though have any experience with paranormal/ghost pictures.
As I said previously, I did have photo copyrighted. I really want Ed to have a copy for himself, does anyone know if the B&B has a mailing address so I can send one to Ed there??? I won't be visiting again until late summer/early fall. FairHavenguy, you say you would like to comment on the photos, but can't do it politely, please do. Oh, I remember the days when I thought that
ghosts and those that experienced them were crazy, until it happened to me.......seems it is still happening, lol.
keim

Post by keim »

Was the other picture verified as 'authentic' ? What does it take to verufy that a photograph does indeed have a ghost in it ?
Good question! How can one ever have an "authentic" ghost photo, when there is no real evidence that they even exist? I guess it would be considered authentic if all other explainations are exhausted.
How about a good old fashioned fake ghost?
ghostcat1313

Post by ghostcat1313 »

awwww come on. Hey, I have my negative of the photo as proof lol. That is a spooky little face though. Don't scare me too much, I really want to spend the night there this fall. Is that head a photo of Beetleguise/beetlejuice??
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Okay, but remember you asked.

First, looking at the Number Two photo, I find that although it's relatively sharp and clear, it's not a particularly good photo. Most obviously, the wallpaper behind Ed is so washed out from the bright flash that it almost looks as if it's glowing. (And let's not read anything into that.) But do notice how bright that flash can appear to be.

But looking at Number One, there are areas of underesposure, despite the brightness of the flash, particularly the two dark bands running from top to bottom toward the right side. Because the overall exposure seems darker or uneven, I conclude that the two dark stripes are, in fact, the shadows of something that came between the flash and the wall, probably a lot closer to the flash, like a camera wrist strap, for example. This would cast the shadows on the wall and floor and also make the overall photo darker, I think. The glowing spot is a reflection back from that picture, similar to the "orb" that appeared next to Lee-ann in another photo we saw recently. (If they take down that picture, probably 97% of the "ghost" pictures from that room will stop. Put up a mirror ball and you'll have orb city in there.)

Basically. . .here's the impolite part. . . I think they're both just pretty poorly taken amateur photos. If my mother took them in her sitting room, we'd all just chalk it up to more "mom" photos, like the ones we have with huge blurry fingertips and other unexplained details.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
keim

Post by keim »

Sorry ghostcat, I couldn't help myself.
Some day I'm going to take the definitive photo which proves that there is an afterlife, and no one will believe me because I do junk like this!
The ghost is actually a lady from an old photo.
Kat

Post by Kat »

The address is:

92 Second Street
Fall River, Mass. 02721
C/O Ed Thibault

probably.
john

Post by john »

Good job Keim & Ghostcat!
bsr88

Post by bsr88 »

To verify a ghost in a picture, try sending it to a ghost society aka TRIPRG, or TAPS etc for a proffessional opinion - I send all my evidence to TRIPRG and they are very good.

:-? Also sometimes it is just fun to believe it is a ghost without tearing the picture apart from top to bottom - our house is naturally haunted and many people have documented that. It seems like some of us here don't like that idea of having some fun with it (cats, ghosts, ect), but you gotta have some fun, right? :grin: Sometimes when I'm at the house, something will happen and I can explain it away - sometimes I can't. If I can't, I start talking to Andrew outloud so he (and whoever else is listening) can hear me. He He

I see Eddie has joined this board - hopefully he can start posting soon! Bye for now...

By the way, the non-xisting Leary Press looks awesome!!

Ben
bsr88

Post by bsr88 »

Thanks for sharing the picture with us, ghost cat!!! I highly recommend you send it to TRIPRG - website www.triprg.com

They are so helpful, and 100% honest - very nice people.

If that picture is definately a spirit, come back soon and take ore - sometimes they get attracted to people - they seem to like you!!

Ben
ghostcat1313

Post by ghostcat1313 »

Thanks for the website bsr88, I will send them the picture and I will let everyone know what they say. If I did not sense anything that day on the tour in the house, I would have just brushed it off as a bad photo. There really was a strong presence in that house. For some reason I can sense them, I think it is because I grew up in a haunted house. I will have to post some of my own ghost experiences when I get a chance. Thanks Again.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Have you tried starting your own webpage? It's really cool, fun and interesting and you learn a bunch by designing it. You could feature your ghost photos there and give us a link? Another member here recently made her own site and it turned out very well!

(Have you'all seen Allen/Melissa's website?)
Caesar

Post by Caesar »

ghostcat1313 @ Sun May 01, 2005 10:08 am wrote:WHAT DO YOU THINK OF PHOTO ??????

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/g ... /ghost.jpg
WOW that is a great pic. so many people claim to have seen a black mist in that room :shock:
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

Yes I see it. That is a cool photo.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.