Robinson Cousins

Here is where you can discuss Fall River and Borden genealogy and family history!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

nbcatlover

Robinson Cousins

Post by nbcatlover »

Who was talking about the Robinson cousins the other day? This is as far as I had gotten in making a Robinson connection to the Bordens. Two daughters of Seth Borden married two Robinsons (relationship between Robinsons yet undetermined. Offspring of Borden/Robinson unions not yet found.

Hope this helps someone.

Descendants of Richard Borden

1 Richard Borden
.. +Joan Fowle
........ 2 Richard Borden
................... 3 Thomas Borden
............................. 4 Richard Borden
........................................ 5 Thomas Borden
.................................................. 6 Joseph Borden
............................................................. 7 Seth Borden 1802 -
................................................................. +Edith Tompkins
........................................................................ 8 Caroline T. Borden
............................................................................ +James Robinson
........................................................................ 8 Julia A. Borden
............................................................................ +William Robinson
........................................................................ 8 Henrietta Borden
.................................................. 6 Mary Borden
...................................................... +(Deacon) David Anthony
........................................ 5 Richard Borden
............................................ +Martha Patty Bowen
.................................................. 6 Abraham Bowen Borden 1798 -
............................................................. 7 Andrew Jackson Borden
........................................................................ 8 Emma Lenore Borden
........................................................................ 8 Alice Borden
........................................................................ 8 Lizzie Andrew Borden
.................................................. 6 Amy Borden 1802 -
.................................................. 6 Hannah Borden 1803 -
.................................................. 6 Richard Borden 1805 -
.................................................. 6 Roxana Borden 1808 -
.................................................. 6 Cook Borden 1810 - 1894
...................................................... +Mary Ann Bessey
............................................................. 7 Mary J. Borden
................................................................. +James Hartley
........................................................................ 8 Grace Hartley
............................................................................ +Louis McHenry Howe
.................................................. 6 Ladowick Borden 1812 -
.................................................. 6 Zephaniah Borden 1814 -
.................................................. 6 Andrew Borden 1816 -

5th Generation--Richard and Thomas are brothers.
6th Generation Bordens with different parents are 1st cousins
7th Generation Bordens with different parents are 2nd cousins--Seth Borden and Andrew Jackson Borden
8th Generation--Lizzie and Emma by my calculations are third cousins to the Caroline and Julia who married Robinsons. If you think this is too far-fetched, please note that Grace Hartley Howe is also a third cousin, and she was in the will.

Hope this is without errors--got this through digging thru the Hattie Borden Weld volume.

Note: this is not all the Borden cousins--was searching specifically for Robinson and Anthony ties at the time. There may be others that I did not find. If you know more, please let us know. Thanks!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks!
Where did you get your tree design? Is it a program you bought?
Joe uses that design. I want one!
I've been working on Weld-- but every Borden- and am only at the fourth generation.

I had noticed the Robinsons - but just look at this whole page, of that line of family! It's full of siblings marrying other family siblings!
My notes on here are from about a year ago, so I don't recall why I put that date near Seth's name.

This is a page from the booklet one can buy at the FRHS.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

That's what's called an Outline Descendant Tree on Family Tree Maker. I bought a cheap version at Walmart, I think. It came with a trial subscription to Genealogy. com. You can get a report, even without a subscription, to find out if there is similar information on their site. I like the FREE genealogy stuff.

Eventually, I'll probably pay for a subscription, but when I was doing my own family, there wasn't enough information on Portuguese families on their site to make it worthwhile. And where my current time is limited, I just don't feel I would get my money's worth now. But the Family Tree Maker is a pretty good file-cabinet for this stuff.

You can put in AKAs when there are multiple spellings. There are places for all the important dates and file cabinets and scrapbooks for the non-traditional info. There's even an index feature with all the names and birth/death dates if you create a humongous tree with multiples of the same name in the same family

And it's easy to use--no manual required. Just load it on and start your first family file...sometimes I have it running while I'm on the forum to stick in that "new" name or date.
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

https://buy.ancestry.com/shops/ANC/bask ... LOOKID=ANC

It's $25.95 for the current version--which is about the price I paid in 2001. It just didn't belong to that siphon of free genealogy info--ancestry.com--back then.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks! I wonder if they have it for MAC? Your link said my shopping was over- my cart was empty. :smile:

I also wonder if Walter J. Brow, who owned Brow's Drug Store, was related to Lizzie thru his antecedents?
(Rebello, 81).

A Borden line splits at Richard114.
One son, Richard120 became forebear of Andrew, and his brother, Thomas119 was grandfather of these two Borden girls who each married a BROW. :?: