Mrs. Southard Miller's Peckham Roots

Here is where you can discuss Fall River and Borden genealogy and family history!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

nbcatlover

Mrs. Southard Miller's Peckham Roots

Post by nbcatlover »

This is the genealogical research of Earle King Peckham:

http://gbnf.com/genealog4/peckham/html/d0311/I21030.HTM

Mrs. Southard (Esther Gould Peckham) Miller was one of 14 children--not all living.

If you do a surname search on the entire GNBF site and find Bowen--it is primarily the Maine Bowens--Seabury is not listed.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks!
Since Mrs. Southard Miller was mother-in-law to Dr. Bowen, should we figure out a way to keep this stuff together?
In my future dotage, I'm afraid I will not be able to find all the Bowen pieces scattered here.
What should we do about it? :?:
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

You could start a Heading called File Cabinet or Background Research and add Topics under such as The Borden Family, Dr. Bowen and Family, Hosea Knowlton, Nance O'Neill.

This would not be a heading for discussion and comment, but when information becomes available, the information could be posted there, or if posted on a discussion forum, the information portion only could be copied there for future research like a giant file cabinet. Stuff like that recent Ricca Allen stuff should go there, because less you were on the forum, who would know to research anything about her?

It might be something that was under Administrator only control. The Administrator puts the information there, but it is "read only" to the rest of us.

Unfortunately, I know little about setting up Internet sites, so my idea input is limited.

Personally, I have started a massive all-in-one family tree on Family Tree Maker till I get to the "magic connection" that makes it all fit for me. Nothing's uploaded to the net, because it's only partially verified, but it's the only way I can even keep track of the names and families That's where my Seth Borden and Robinson info is. I've got one started for Charles C. Cook, Hosea Knowlton, etc. because I sometimes feel like I'm losing track of as much information as I'm finding.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Well, for now we can put everything "Bowen" under Bowen, in Gramma's topic at Stay To Tea?
This topic could stay here, just copy/paste this info over there as well for now?

Then maybe we can ask for a genealogical section- but I don't see why we can't just designate a topic title in "Tea" or "Fall River" with the each family name we are working on.
I think they should be open for comment- not just uploads- I mean, we are a discussion Fourm: Most like comments.
Maybe I'll take a poll to see how much interest there is. I'm not sure there's a whole lot of interest in genealogy in our membership.