"Betsy" Bowen--a ghost story

Here is where you can discuss Fall River and Borden genealogy and family history!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

nbcatlover

"Betsy" Bowen--a ghost story

Post by nbcatlover »

In my endless search for the origins of our Dr. Bowen, I have waded through tons of Bowen trivia from the Gaspee incident to the Dorr Rebellion to knowing that Rhode Island's stone is Bowenite.

Here's a ghost story for Halloween about a scandalous Bowen lady:

http://txtx.essortment.com/hauntedmansion_rund.htm
Susan

Post by Susan »

Thanks, Cynthia. I've heard and seen this ghost story retold on TV before, but, never heard the name Bowen thrown in there! Is she actually related to our Dr. Bowen at all? :roll:
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

Probably not, but we're still not sure who are Dr. Bowen is. We know his father is a Benjamin Bowen from Attleboro, but not much else on his Bowen lineage so far.

I had heard of Eliza Jumel before, too, but had never heard she was a Bowen, I need to learn more about her background, too. There's a book called THE GOLDEN MISTRESS by Basil Beyea about her. You can get a paperback for one-cent plus shipping on Amazon.com.--I'm still debating.