Did you know this?

Here is where you can discuss Fall River and Borden genealogy and family history!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

nishmat

Did you know this?

Post by nishmat »

Borden was distantly related to the American milk processor Gail Borden (1801-1874), Robert Borden (1854-1937), Canada's Prime Minister during World War I, and the late US actress Elizabeth Montgomery (1933-1995) who had also portrayed her life story in the 1975 movie.
source: wikipedia
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks.
I think we had a person who claimed a distant relation of Gail Borden here, but I don't know of the connection.
Unless someone shows their *tree* we will not know for sure.
I thought of looking it up for them, but they disappeared.

I'd need some motivation to prove such a thing.

The person who contributed that to Wiki should prove it.
Maybe it is located elsewhere in this Topic area?
nishmat

Post by nishmat »

One should always be a bit suspicious on all material published in wikipedia.org since they seldom point out the sources.

I liked the idéa that Elizabeth Montogomery as a distant relative to Borden's... :eek:

At the moment I don't have access to ancestry.com which is a really, really good site for genealogy researches.
RayS

Post by RayS »

That 1975 TV movie was about the murders and the Trial and verdict.

It is Hollywood entertainment, not reliable info. (I saw it but don't remember much. Some say the Uncle John character was written out of the script - too costly?).

I would trust the printed pages of books more than magazines, and TV dramas least of all. Internet seems on a low lever, between magazines and TV. IMO
Doug

Post by Doug »

The Gail Borden (Borden Condensed Milk) connection to Andrew's family is discussed in the 2005 'Elsie Borden' thread under the "Lizzie Andrew Borden" heading. There is quite a bit of information in 'Elsie Borden' so I won't try to repeat it here.

Go to current page 18 under "Lizzie Andrew Borden" to find 'Elsie Borden.'
Kat

Post by Kat »

Hi Doug!
Cool! Thanks!

Here is the link referred to by our Doug:

viewtopic.php?t=738