Almy and Chase

Here is where you can discuss Fall River and Borden genealogy and family history!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Fargo

Almy and Chase

Post by Fargo »

Does anyone know where I can find a family history for the Almy and Chase families? The names Almy and Chase are both involved in the case.

I found a record of my great, great, great, great, great grandfather getting married to a woman named Almy Chase in 1748, at Trinity Church in Newport Rhode Island.

Sometimes parents will give a child a related family last name for a first name, so maybe I am related to an Almy family as well as a Chase family.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
DoGeeseSeeGoD

Chase / Almy families

Post by DoGeeseSeeGoD »

Try looking in "the Descendants of Thomas Durfee" by Wm. Reed. It is online and can be word searched. or check the index of names. It is in two volumes, so if you dont find the name in one, try the other. It is not specific to Chase or Almy, but has has a lot of info on many of these old families in the Newport county area.

Also you can search the Rhode Island Historical Cemetery Project online. It has lots of burials listed. That could give you a bit of a direction for more info if you find the names your looking for.

What type of record had you found for the marriage?
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I will check it out. The information I have is from my cousin's book on the family tree. My cousin has it listed;

Trinity church records; newport RI; microfilm # 22422 from family history library, 35 NW Temple street, Salt Lake city, UT 84150.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
kwest919

Re: Almy and Chase

Post by kwest919 »

Hello Fargo I know this is years later but I just joined the forum Almy/Chase connection. Most likely you'll find it within Christopher or Job Almy's lines. They are the son's of William Almy and Audria/Audrey Barlowe who came to America in 1635 and settled in Rhode Island. My line ties in through William daughter Katherine. Good luck
twinsrwe

Re: Almy and Chase

Post by twinsrwe »

Hello, kwest919 , welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing this interesting information.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )