Ellen Borden Stevenson

Here is where you can discuss Fall River and Borden genealogy and family history!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

Ellen Borden Stevenson

Post by Kat »

This is just a notation for anyone wondering if the ex-wife of Adlai Stevenson (Ellen Borden Stevenson, 1950's) was related to our Bordens.

The answer is "No", not that I could find. Her Borden side came from Ireland, and ours did not.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Here is the tree I've worked up for all you Adlai Stevenson- Lizzie Borden fans.

If anyone wants a partial tree on Adlai Stevenson, say so here. :smile:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patsy

Post by patsy »

Is this Ellen also related to Ellen Waller Carpenter married to John Alden Carpenter? They also kept a home in Beverly, MA.

http://infoweb.newsbank.com/iw-search/w ... oduct=CTHA

Excerpt

1951-04-27
Chicago Tribune (IL)

DEATH COMES TO JOHN ALDEN CARPENTER, 75

Composer Member of Old Chicago Family

A lineal descendant of John Alden of Plymouth, he was born in Park Ridge Feb. 28, 1876. From 1900 until her death in 1931, he was married to Rue Winterbotham, who collaborated as lyricist and illustrator in Carpenter's first published works. Their daughter is Mrs. Patrick Champain Hill. In 1933, Carpenter was married to Ellen Waller Borden of Chicago.
patsy

Post by patsy »

I guess I should have searched more before I asked. So sorry.

It appears the Ellen Waller Borden was the maternal grandmother of Senator Stevenson of IL. She was married to John Borden before she married John Carpenter, and she was the daughter of James Breckinridge Waller. She died in Boston on November 3, 1974. (From the Chicago Tribune)