Gertrude Barish/Barisch/Barush?

Here is where you can discuss Fall River and Borden genealogy and family history!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Bob Gutowski

Gertrude Barish/Barisch/Barush?

Post by Bob Gutowski »

I have been cyber-chatting through Facebook with one of B'way's great sound engineers/producers of Original Cast recordings, Thomas Z. Shepard. After he learned I was a Bordenian, he mentioned that a relative of his lived near the Bordens with her family. Her name was Gertrude Barish/Barisch/Barush. If any of you completists recognize this name, let me know - and let me know if there's anything else you come up with, please?
nbcatlover

Re: Gertrude Barish/Barisch/Barush?

Post by nbcatlover »

Bob-before I got interested in Lizzie, I met a Jewish family who lived near Lizzie and had stories about her. I don't remember their last name...they were probably in their mid-70s then, and this was probably 25 years ago. I remember sitting on their porch while they told me their stories...it was a big house, painted pale yellow, up on the hill (not Second St.). I remember because I didn't know where Charleton Memorial Hospital was in Fall River back then and was surprised to learn how close they were to the hospital.

I'm trying to do some more digging to see if I can come up with the correct surname.
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

My contact tells me a family member said they were on Washington Street. I'll let him know what you've posted, and thanks so much!
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Hey Bob: 1896 Fall River Directory: Charles Barash, PEDDLER 224 Washington Street
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, the map below shows Washington Street in connection with Second Street. They are just a little over 4 blocks from one another. Washington Street is the last street to the left and 92 Second street is labeled on the map.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, one more Post.

The house in the photo below is 228 Washington. The lot where you see the two cars is where 224 Washington Street use to stand. It no longer exists. Hope that's the people your looking for. (?)
patsy

Post by patsy »

I saw that Moses Barash with a daughter Gertrude who was 11 years old lived on Columbia St. in 1900. It shows right where Washington St. is next to Columbia on the census. Sorry I can't seem to copy it. It's at the protype at Family Search.org. I noticed that a Henry Lubinskey, age 22, lives nearby on Washington St. He was a peddler.

Thanks for sharing that picture.
patsy

Post by patsy »

I saw that Moses Barash with a daughter Gertrude who was 11 years old lived on Columbia St. in 1900. It shows right where Washington St. is next to Columbia on the census. Sorry I can't seem to copy it. It's at the protype at Family Search.org. I noticed that a Henry Lubinskey, age 22, lives nearby on Washington St. He was a peddler.

Thanks for sharing that picture.
patsy

Post by patsy »

Oops sorry about the duplicate post.