421 June Street...

Here is where you can discuss Fall River and Borden genealogy and family history!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

InterestedReader

421 June Street...

Post by InterestedReader »

The 421 June Street we see now on Street Maps - would this indeed be Andrew Jennings' former house, or has numbering changed..?

Thank-you.
mbhenty

Re: 421 June Street...

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, that address does belong with the old Jennings house. It recently sold for a cool 232,000 dollars. Below is a photo of the Andrew Jennings Home at 421 June street. In the photo to the left is a little green gambrel. It is considered the oldest house in Fall River. (Though I believe that there are actually two or three others that are older)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Here's a video for the rental of apartment's one and three of the Jennings building. Excuse the accent and the demeanor of the real estate agent. He appears easily impressed. Not sure why he doesn't rent the place himself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ANTONELLI ERROL of Swansea, MA purchased the house. Probably as income property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvYEr3uZjFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-HEydl2T9A
InterestedReader

They fitted Jennings' stained glass moniker into a kitchen unit! Classy :grin:
It's really surprising to someone here in the UK how much house you get for your money... Don't know if that was prior to development, splitting it into flats. It seems such a shame to chop up a house like that.

Thanks ever so for confirming the numbering. I asked because one of the Bridgets under consideration went to work in the very next house to Jennings, I noticed. It's the Bridget who became Mary Short's housekeeper, the Bridget who got rather a lot of her employer's estate and there was a bit of a hoo-ha over it.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

When I worked in the telecommunication industry in the 70s I worked in many of these large homes at a time when they were breaking them up. One of them was the James Eddy House right next door to the Jennings house. Below is a photo of the house. I huge one family home at one time, today it holds 10 apartments. Think of this! A one family house converted with 10 new kitchens and bathrooms.

Though many of these homes sill hold some of their charm, once they chop them up lots of original wood work is removed.

Below is a photo of the James Eddy house at 383 June Street, Fall River, Massachusetts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
InterestedReader

I enjoyed the videos. We tend to have photos here, very staid. But this was like the Sopranos - "Boom, you've got your antique-original-feature-fireplace..." I quite wanted to see Jennings' fireplace but the guy wasn't interested so we just get speed-blur.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes. A Fall River real estate agent. Not very cultured. The housing market has been awful here. It's getting better, slowly.

Below are a couple of my favorite Fall River Homes.