Brownell Family connection to Bordens

Here is where you can discuss Fall River and Borden genealogy and family history!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

BevCapeCod

Brownell Family connection to Bordens

Post by BevCapeCod »

My husband's grandfather, Herbert Gustavus Fuller, married a Mabel Brownell in 1899 in Pawtucket. He was listed as 22 and she was 25. It says First marriage after his name and nothing after hers. In the 1900 Census of East Greenwich Town, they are listed as Herbert and Mabel Brownell and a Mary E. Brownell, aged 9, is listed as "daughter". In 1912, Herbert is married to Mary Elizabeth Lynn and their son, my husband's father, Herbert Lynn Fuller is born. After much research I find a Mabel Brownell Fuller buried in the State Farm Cemetery #1 in Cranston. Obviously, she was in the State Institution which buried deceased residents there from 1875 through 1918. It has "div." on her record. After touring the house this past week, I wonder if she is related to the Brownells in question. In the East Providence census of 1885, a Mabel Brownell aged 22 died of TB. Her parents were Allen F. Brownell and Addie L. (Stevens) Brownell. Her three brothers were Peter Fuller Brownell, Roby Fuller Brownell and Allen Fuller Brownell. I think it's awfully coincidental and I've had trouble tracking that line of my husband's family.