Spring 2015

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

LisaAnn

Spring 2015

Postby LisaAnn » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Yes, it is over a year away, but I am happy to say that the Victorian Ladies group I belong to are in the early stages of planning a trip to Fall River Spring of 2015. I have driven close by on a few trips through New England but never had the chance to visit so I am really looking forward to this. I am sure I will picking your brains closer to the time as we make more concrete plans for our trip.
LisaAnn
"Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle." - Lewis Carroll

NancyDrew

Re: Spring 2015

Postby NancyDrew » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:35 am

LisaAnn: I live only 30 miles from the Borden house. If I'm still on this forum when you take your trip, please feel free to send me a private message. I would love to accompany you and group, if you will allow me the pleasure!

Prepare to be a bit disappointed by the neighborhood. The Borden house still stands, and, from what I understand, looks as it did back in 1892. But it is the ONLY thing that does. It is an industrial/commercial area.

Nadzieja

Postby Nadzieja » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:09 pm

I agree NancyDrew. It is the only thing that is left. Directly across the street is the gigantic courthouse that was just built not long ago.

Mara

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:30 pm

It's interesting to use the Google Maps "street view" feature to explore the neighborhood as it exists today. At least a form of Dr. Kelly's house remains, no longer with the appendage that so marred our appreciation of how the two houses once corresponded .

I hope you'll share your reflections and photos with us ;)

Nadzieja

Postby Nadzieja » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:47 am

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days. A friend & co-worker totally unexpectedly passed away on Thurs. I was scheduled to work the weekend and today is my first day off. I'll be going to his wake tomorrow evening. However, I will look at some of my photos & post what I have. I don't have too much of the street but I know I have some of Maplecroft and some of the Highlands. We went to Fall River & just walked around & snapped photos of some of the houses. I just love "street hiking" and looking at old homes. So give me a little time & I'll see what I have.

twinsrwe

Postby twinsrwe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:21 am

Nadzieja, I am so sorry to hear about your friend and co-worker. I will keep you in my prayers.
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all the people all of the time."~ Abraham Lincoln :grin:

MnonoaN

Postby MnonoaN » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:37 am

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Tiffansy

Postby Tiffansy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 am

I agree NancyDrew. It is the only thing that is left. Directly across the street is the gigantic courthouse that was just built not long ago.