SUMMERFEST

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

justagrrrl

SUMMERFEST

Post by justagrrrl »

Those of you in southeastern Mass and Rhode Island should come out to Summerfest in New Bedford this weekend! Much fun is to be had.....and next weekend is the Whaling City Festival.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Hey justagrrrl,

Are you going to come over to Fairhaven on Monday morning and watch us fire the cannons at Fort Phoenix?

Costume parade begins at Cushman Park on Green Street (two blocks north of where Emma stayed) at 9:30 a.m. Anyone dressed as a character from any period in American history is welcome to march. (Come as Lizzie. . .) Also in the parade are antique cars, some military groups and vehicles, a bunch of stuff from the Bristol County Sheriff's Office and more.

When the parade gets to the fort (approx. 10:30 a.m.), we have a short ceremony that includes a brief history of the fort (presented by yours truly), a reading of the less boring parts of the Declaration of Independence, signing of the National Anthem and the firing of the fort's five cannons!
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
justagrrrl

Post by justagrrrl »

Wow! I'll certainly try my best to be there...sounds great!