Ben's Tour of 92 Second Street

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Stefani

Ben's Tour of 92 Second Street

Post by Stefani »

I just want to let you all know that Ben's tour of 92 Second Street was really wonderful. He handled all of us like a real pro and had a truly marvelous way of telling the story of the case without sounding scripted or memorized. He cited his sources for the info he shared and gave us a splendid afternoon! Thanks Ben! :color:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Yes he did very well and is going to now be in a video he says- so you are on the fast track to success, Ben!
Good luck!
bsr88

Post by bsr88 »

Thanks very much! Glad you enjoyed - see, reading, and listening pays off! Happy to hear you all enjoyed your trip to Fall River. Kat, hope you're feeling better!
Le classe de français cinq a l'ecole Chariho rappèlent la voyage aux Québec. Le 24 avril - 29 2006
Kat

Post by Kat »

Quote from Kat, Topic "And Old-Time Friends":
"We decided to visit the B&B tour then and re-gathered at #92 Second Street. Ben was our guide and he really was marvelous! (And cute). He said he had been studying and we were impressed at how quickly he had adapted to the case history."

Quote from Doug, Topic "Stef Rocks On Rock Street":
Tours of the Fall River Historical Society and 92 Second St. are extra special when experts like Stefani, Kat, Harry, Sherry and family, and Eugene are there, too. Ben did a fine job as our tour guide at 92 Second St. and we heard about some of Lee-ann's plans for the B & B and saw the progress being made since the press building was removed."

Quote from Harry, same topic as above:
"Lee-Ann has done a marvelous job with the B&B and Ben did an excellent job at giving us a tour. We also got a chance (my first) to tour the beautiful Fall River Historical Society. It's simply gorgeous and not to be missed. There's more than Lizzie Borden in Fall River."

Just in case, Ben, that you didn't catch your good reviews elsewhere on the Forum! :smile:
DWilly

Post by DWilly »

Hi, :newbie:

New to the board and this is my first post. I hope I'm in the right spot for this post. I see you're talking about the B&B tour. I am going to be in Newport, Rhode Island this week and I found out that I'm less than a half-hour drive from Fall Rivers. I am very new to research on Lizzie Borden but I have recently been reading a few things on the internet and of course here. Great reading. I had no idea how complex this case was. Anyway, I am going to try and at least see the house on Second Street. When I planned this trip it wasn't with Borden research in mind so, I'm really rushed for time and yet, I do want to learn more. Does anyone know how long the tour is and how best should I go about looking at the house? Anything I should really take notice of?
Kat

Post by Kat »

HI!
I think the tours are now about an hour, and start at 11, and go until 3 pm.
The tour should help you get your bearings in the case. I'd think it would be a huge benefit to learn the house layout and history before embarking on a deeper study because then you can put the crime into context.

If you are becoming a serious student, you might consider buying Len Rebello's book at the house. It's great reading, cover to cover!
Good luck on your trip!
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Hi DWilly...Welcome to the forum ! I agree with Kat...Rebello is THE reference book to have on the case. A great investment indeed. Also, you may want to consider subscribing to THE HATCHET - Journal of Lizzie Borden Studies, another very worthy investment.

http://www.hatchetonline.com/HatchetOnline/index.htm

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.