Cheap hotels in Fall River area

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Richard

Cheap hotels in Fall River area

Post by Richard »

Does anyone know of a cheap way to stay in Fall River. I'm bringing about 4-5 people up there next month and I can't afford to put them all up at Lizzie's. Any recommended hotels or motels in the area that are relatively cheap?
A book shall be an axe for the frozen sea within us -- Franz Kafka
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

There's a Best Western in Fall River and a Super 8 Motel in Somerset. I know they are cheaper, but I don't know the condition of the properties.

There is also a brand new Best Western opening in Dartmouth on 7/15 (there should be a phone listing--if not, try the number for the Capri Motel under the same management). A lot of the properties around here sell out in August. That's why I'm suggesting this as an alternative. It's about 10 minutes outside of Fall River.
Kat

Post by Kat »

The Fall River Best Western is old and shoddy.

The Quality Inn in Somerset has a good recommendation from a member.
1878 Wilbur Ave.
Somerset, MA.
ph # 508-678-4545

Also, The Hampton Inn in Westport is a good one. They are going to have new beds!
53 Old Bedford Rd.
Westport, MA
Ph# 508-675-8500

Both have free breakfast.

If you have AAA you get a discount.
Booking ahead is a good idea.

Both are in the vicinity of $117 for 2 people (w/ discount). One person $107. If you book online the prices are about the same as quoted by the hotel themselves. However, you may find one that is a bit cheaper if you book online.

Any B&B's other than the Borden House, that you might see in a listing, no longer exist.

You will need good maps!
DWilly

Post by DWilly »

When I went out east I stayed in Middletown, Rhode Island. I stayed at a Travel Lodge. It was ok. It was clean, cheap and offered up a quick free breakfast every morning. It was one of those places you stay when you know you're not going to be spending much time at the motel. I just needed a place to sleep. I was able to zip up to Lizzie's place in less than a half hour.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks everyone! Personally I would love to put all my friends up at Lizzie's but my budget doesn't allow it.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I stayed at the Super 8 in Somerset for $70.00 a night, mind you it was late October so it was in the off season when you sometimes get a cheaper rate.

It was in good condition when I was there in 2004. The only thing was I had to turn down the setting on the fridge slightly as it was up as far as it would go and it kept running almost constantly. It was fine after I turned it down. I had room #116, I remember that because 16 is my favorite number.

Also, it is not that far from 92 second street at least for driving.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

I DO NOT mean this in a negative way, but almost anything else in the region is going to be cheaper than the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast.

Hampton Inns in Westport and Fairhaven are both operated by the LaFrance family and are very nice places. In Dartmouth there's a Comfort Inn and a Residence Inn. All four of these are newer places that are in good shape. Prices for all are probably about the same at this time of year.

This region does suffer from a shortage of accommodations, though, so it's wise to book as early as you can.

Fairhaven's about 20 minutes from Fall River and links to our accommodations can be found toward the bottom of my page, here:
Fairhaven Office of Tourism
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
Richard

Post by Richard »

I will definitely look into this! Thanks.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Hi Christopher! Thanks for responding! See you soon!!! :smile: