Hey Fairhaven Guy!

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

nbcatlover

Hey Fairhaven Guy!

Post by nbcatlover »

Early in the Summer season, I had seen a nice print ad about Fairhaven to the effect "It's not Europe, it's Fairhaven."

I meant to clip that ad out but got distracted and didn't, and I haven't come across it again.

Any chance you could scan it in? It had a very romantic appeal.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks for calling on Christopher, Cntha.
Would love to hear from you FairhavenGuy!
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

Chris is a busy guy this time of year--I keep meaning to get over to Fairhaven and take one of the walking tours.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Hi,

Glad you liked the ad.

The full color "It's not Europe. It's Fairhaven." ad ran in the Seaside Section of the Standard-Times. I'm not sure if it's online or not.

A different ad in B&W with the same headline is running in the new "What's Up?" publication.

Yes, it's my busy vtime of year. And Emily turned six on Saturday. There's a lot going on.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
Kat

Post by Kat »

Well, Happy Lizzie Borden's Birthday! And see you soon! :smile:
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

This is the ad for which I was originally searching:

Fairhaven village is a very attractive place.

Also, I understand that the Fairhaven Village Militia Fort Phoenix Days Encampment is scheduled for Sept. 9 and 10. Chris and his family were active participants last year, and I had a very good time in a pleasant location.

Lastly, Sept. 29 and 30 feature the Lizzie Borden Ghost Hunter University with Christopher Moon at the B&B. Perhaps Lee-ann can give us more details.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks Cynthia!

Christopher, you got rave reviews for your tour from Doug and Marilou Parkhurst! They wrote me about it and how talented you are! I'm told not to miss it!!!
Doug

Post by Doug »

Yes, Kat is right! Marilou and I took Chris' downtown Fairhaven walking tour (Henry Huttleston Rogers Tour) during our visit to the Fall River area a couple of weeks ago. Fairhaven has a lovely town center with a lot of history and much to see. Chris is a great tour guide and really knows his stuff. I recommend this tour to anyone wanting to learn more about this part of Massachusetts. Later the same day we took a tour of the interior of the Unitarian Memorial Church which was given by a church member. This is the church building shown in the "It isn't Europe. It's Fairhaven." advertisement posted above by Cynthia. What a magnificent structure this is!
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Hi again. I'm back from my week as a vacationer in New Hampshire.

It was great to have Doug and Marilou on my tour of the center of Fairhaven. I'm glad they stayed for the afternoon tour inside the church. It's really a magnificent place.

As Cynthia mentions, there will be an 18th Century encampment at Fort Phoenix, Fairhaven, MA, on September 9 & 10. At 7:30 p.m. on Saturday the 9th, we'll be firing the fort's five cannon--a spectacular sight at sunset!

Also, for cemetery buffs, there's a tour of River-Side Cemetery on Sunday, October 8, at 2:00 p.m. This lovely rural-style cemetery was created in 1850 by President FDR's grandfather Warren Delano II. Both Eli Bence and Helen Brownell are buried there, though we're still looking for Helen's gravesite. Sandy Main is the guide for the cemetery tour and she does a fine job.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

I love that photograph!! I might just have to get up there. Seems like you have a very nice city Fairhaven Guy.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.