Stefani In Fall River

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kashesan

Stefani In Fall River

Post by Kashesan »

Stefani's lecture at the Fall River Public Library was, as usual, fantastic. The graphics, film and television clips, and music were a unique addition and she had some great finds in there. LOVED Zak Borden and the Lizzies! (you were right, I can't get that ditty out of my head. Think I'll have to buy the album)
A good crowd, lovely full moon, and Stef and Kat were radiant as ever!

Harry-good to see you and chat again! Sorry we didn't get to knock over any gravestones! (maybe next year...)

It was great to meet up with Lyddie, Don, Mark, Doug, Marilou, Mike and all the other Borden-ites who were, like me, fortunate enough to attend.

Kudos to our own Dr Stef!

:smiliecolors: kash
"It seemed friendly enough, but it had sharp claws and a great many teeth. Alice thought it best to treat it with respect"
Lewis Carroll
Richard

Post by Richard »

Stefani, my humblest apologies for not being able to attend and document the lecture. I'm glad that it went over well and hopefully there will be other opportunities like it.

Can you post a summary of your trip to Fall River?
A book shall be an axe for the frozen sea within us -- Franz Kafka
lydiapinkham

Post by lydiapinkham »

Stefani,

You were terrific! I think everybody there was wonderfully entertained and delighted by the many new finds you presented. Your enthusiasm is infectious! Don had a wonderful time, and Pippa is green with envy to have missed it.

Meeting everybody, putting names to faces, having the joy of sharing our unusual fascination with fellow enthusiasts--all priceless! Wish we had had a chance to say goodbye: we stepped out when the staff started pointing to their watches and waited outside for a while, then decided you had all left by the other exit. Duh! Just as well--it's harder finding your way around in the dark, so we didn't make it home until 11:30. But what a treat to meet Stef, Kat, Harry, Doug P., Kash, Chris, Mike, and Mark. Didn't get a chance to talk to Bill, but I know him by sight now, and, bless his heart, Nelson Caplain. Thank you everybody for bringing the perfect day to a perfect end! We got to the house, the Historical Society, took Andrew's walk, ate at Sagre's, and I even got in a good 90 minutes of newspaper research, which Don was patient enough to encourage.

So sorry Sherry missed this trip, but we'll meet her next time. I know we'll be there with bells on.

Love to all!
Lyddie/Mary
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

Wish I could've been there! Congrats!
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Doug and his wife attended my tour in Fairhaven this morning. It was great to have them visit. They ran through the list of who was in F.R. last night.

I didn't get to Fall River last night and I'm really too wiped out after a long day to head over to the B&B tonight. (I've got to get the Stef and Kat to stop planning these things on Thursdays.)

I hope everyone's enjoying their time in our region. You got the good weather this week. Last week we had the heat wave that kept everyone out of the lofts of their barns. . .
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

I wish I could have been there too. Sounds like it was interesting day.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
lydiapinkham

Post by lydiapinkham »

:oops: I said you were there, Chris! I must have been thinking of somebody else. Sorry you missed it. Also, I left out Shelley. Sorry!

It really went by way too fast. Stefani's presentation is remarkable--so full of multimedia stuff both familiar and unfamiliar. The videoclips of the Fall River Hoedown, the Lizzie/Jack the Ripper music video parody, the music clip of Zak Borden doing a blues instrumental of Fall River Hoedown, all amazing and all linked together by lively commentary. Five stars out of five!

--Lyddie
lydiapinkham

Post by lydiapinkham »

Here's a link to the "Lizzie and Jack" music videoclip Stefani showed us. It's a myspace site out of Fall River that specializes in camp horror fun. I don't think the link can take you straight to the song, but hunt it down among video clips: it is worth the trouble. Enjoy!

--Lyddie

http://www.shillingshockers.com/
lydiapinkham

Post by lydiapinkham »

:oops:
Kashesan

Post by Kashesan »

lydiapinkham @ Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:57 pm wrote:Here's a link to the "Lizzie and Jack" music videoclip Stefani showed us. It's a myspace site out of Fall River that specializes in camp horror fun. I don't think the link can take you straight to the song, but hunt it down among video clips: it is worth the trouble. Enjoy!

--Lyddie

http://www.shillingshockers.com/
Thanks Lydia-I was telling everybody about that one!

"It seemed friendly enough, but it had sharp claws and a great many teeth. Alice thought it best to treat it with respect"
Lewis Carroll
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Lyddie, there was probably another Chris. I'm the one who was not there.

After Doug and Marilou left yesterday, I realized, too, that I should change my avatar sometime. In May I shaved off the beard, but all of the photos of me that are used on the Fairhaven website and in my promotional materials still have the facial hair.

So far, I the only forum members I've met are Diana, Cynthia (nbcatlover) and Doug.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
Kashesan

Post by Kashesan »

Fairhaven Doug,
I've always liked your avatar!

Lewis Carroll