aug 3rd and 4th?

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

dasdeeboot

aug 3rd and 4th?

Post by dasdeeboot »

What happens at the house on aug 3rd and 4th exactly? and do overnight guests for those nights get any special treats?
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

I'd like to know to. Wonder if they reenact the two days. That would be worth seeing.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

During Martha's tenure as owner, re-enactments took place over two days- usually 16 performances. Exhausting for the cast of players. Much depended on which day of the week the 4th falls upon. If it was a Saturday, Martha would always do the Saturday and Sunday. LeeAnn has only August 4th, performances running continuously every 40 minutes- and it is quite tiring, but we all have so much fun. So, if you come on the 4th- you will see Ed Thibault, the original Andrew, in his 11th year as Mr. Borden. He is the only member of the original cast. So far, we have gone through 4 Lizzies- a taxing role! :lol: This year we were blessed with day guide, Kathleen, who has an Irish heritage and was a fantastic Bridget with flawless accent.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

There have been threads/posts in the past about the goings on at the B&B for the August 4th "celebration". If you type in "reenactment" in the search area at the top of this page, it will bring up several threads where the subject has been mentioned.

Here is one in particular:
viewtopic.php?t=2149&highlight=reenactment

Shelley would be our resident expert in this area I believe.

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
RayS

Post by RayS »

snokkums @ Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:23 am wrote:I'd like to know to. Wonder if they reenact the two days. That would be worth seeing.
The problem with any reenactment is: where did they get the script?

We know that Lizzie Didn't Do It - the legal trial said so.
It was Farmer William in the Bedroom with the Hatchet.
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

The problem with any reenactment is: where did they get the script?

We know that Lizzie Didn't Do It - the legal trial said so.
Uh, yeah, right. MUST you?

Yes, Shelley, Kathleen was superb - she's a fine actress, too!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

The script, as anyone who has ever attended will testify, does not assign guilt to anyone. It is merely a walk through of known movements. Vistors see the crime scene after the murders, discover the bodies, and see the house.

It begins in the diningroom with the dialogue of Abby , Andrew, Bridget and Lizzie, as they come and go, doing the things which appear in the trial testimonies. Never, since I have been involved, -or in any script I have written, has Lizzie been made to be guilty. No hatchet is wielded, nor is there any violence. Often children are part of the tour and that would be inappropriate- and of course nobody knows for sure just what did happen, or who did what when it comes to the actual crime. Much is left to the imagination under these circumstances as a consequence.

We have occasionally had an Uncle John, and his departure is written in on those years. The last scenario is when Mrs. Churchill enters the house at Lizzie's request and "Maggie" has been sent for help. People will think what they will and draw their own conclusions.
Smudgeman

Post by Smudgeman »

Thank you Shelley. Those that have never attended should not draw pre-conceived ideas as to what is presented.
"I'd luv to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair"
Bette Davis
Harry

Post by Harry »

Yes, thank you, Shelley. That sounds like the correct way to do it. To quote Dragnet's Joe Friday, "Just the facts, ma'am".
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
RayS

Post by RayS »

Shelley @ Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:29 pm wrote:The script, as anyone who has ever attended will testify, does not assign guilt to anyone. It is merely a walk through of known movements. Vistors see the crime scene after the murders, discover the bodies, and see the house.
An excellent answer to the problematic events.
But were there any conflicts in the testimony at the trial?

How nice for people to be allowed their own opinions instead of being told what to think! You can compare that to some comments on this forum.
It was Farmer William in the Bedroom with the Hatchet.